shape
carat
color
clarity

Which pair for earrings would you choose?

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,

We are still searching for the perfect pair of sapphires for haloed earrings. We are strongly leaning towards the second to last pair from the right. They are 6mm and 1.64 cttw
In the video it's the second to last pair from the right and in the second clip it's the pair on the extreme right.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfuZ1_VNuEg&list=UUe_V0Cpb5TXhi2j80WFLuLA

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

_19128.jpg

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I think the ones you are leaning towards are the nicest.

However they all seem pretty dark to me especially since it seems that there is a strong light shining on them in the video.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
LoversKites|1402647484|3692212 said:
I think the ones you are leaning towards are the nicest.

However they all seem pretty dark to me especially since it seems that there is a strong light shining on them in the video.

I haven't seen them in person yet but I hope they aren't too dark as I think bezeling the earrings may darken the color further. I do tend to like the look of deeper sapphires rather than corn flower blue colored ones.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
The ones you like look the best of this bunch but I agree they may be pretty dark IRL. Best way, of course, is to take a look in hand. Earrings receive less light than rings or bracelets, say, and haloing may darken them further. As LK notes, these are shown in the best light to make them look attractive & will not get that much when worn.

There's a happy medium between cornflower and really dark, such as these, which again will probably look darker when set & worn. I think they're a little lighter than the GOG pair:

On the other hand, if you like dark sapphires, those might be right for you. It's what makes YOU happy that counts!

sapphire_blue_1158_0.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would start out looking for lighter toned sapphires because of 3 things that all will further darken them once set:
1. Bezeling will usually darken CS a notch
2. Halo will usually darken CS a notch
3. Earrings do not get the same amount of light that rings do, so they will also look a bit darker at the ears.

Although these look beautiful unset, I am concerned they will will almost black out except for some blue flash only, once bezeled, haloed and worn on the ear.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1402660981|3692280 said:
I would start out looking for lighter toned sapphires because of 3 things that all will further darken them once set:
1. Bezeling will usually darken CS a notch
2. Halo will usually darken CS a notch
3. Earrings do not get the same amount of light that rings do, so they will also look a bit darker at the ears.

Although these look beautiful unset, I am concerned they will will almost black out except for some blue flash only, once bezeled, haloed and worn on the ear.

Agreed.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Would the sapphires get more light if I made them dangle earrings instead of studs?

_19131.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not much of difference unless only the girdle is covered, leaving the pavilion very open (collet set). It is because of the direction of the earring that light hits it at an angle, rather than straight on in a ring. Wearing long hair down and having dark hair changes adds perceived darkness. Her earrings may be the best sapphires in person, but as you can tell, being where they are (halo and with dark hair worn down), just makes them look black to me in that picture.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Right, and even if they have open pavilions, with hair behind them it won't make any difference. If you start out a couple shades lighter, once they're set & in your ears, they'll look like the color above that you want, but with color, not blacked out.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with the other posters - they are very pretty though! Can you ask for a pair with same hue and saturation just lighter in tone?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I like the idea of danglies!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with all the above. I have a pair of 5mm sapphire studs that fit into diamond jackets. When I first saw them I was worried they would be far too light, bit once set and in the jacket, the colour is easily a couple of shades darker but still light enough to be discernibly blue.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results