shape
carat
color
clarity

which one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bitterd

Rough_Rock
Cut (ideal) and clarity are equal, which would you choose?

0.95ct I, strong blue fluor
0.86ct G, no fluor

33.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hard to say, we like more info for each diamond such as

The grading report
depth
table
crown angle
pavillion angle
girdle thickness
diameter measurement
also an Idealscope if you have one is useful.

If you could add that info then we can go from there
1.gif
Also it is rare, but check with the vendor that the strong blue fluorescence doesn't have any negative effects on the I colour diamond, but this is unusual.

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
Even though both are ideal cuts and of equal clarity, that does not mean they''ll be exactly the same, and Lorelei''s right that more info would help us make more informed recommendations. But accepting the premise that all else is equal, I personally would take the I stone, simply b/c its larger (actually, .95 is a hard size to find - you get the apparent size of a 1 ct. stone w/o the premium for it) and b/c the blue fluoresence is likely to make the I appear a little whiter (so long as it doesn''t create problems with milkiness/haziness).

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IF the stones were exactly the same in cut and clarity I would choose the I with SB Fl.

It is larger. The Fl should help with the color. And it''s very fun to wear Fl stones in the Disney rides that use black lights!

Fl was one of the qualities I wanted in a diamond.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Would really need more data such as crown angles, etc, etc. as already mentioned, but hypothetically if all things were equal, I really love blue fluoro in a stone...

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
Its showing that the .86 is no longer available, which may be a little disappointing (unless maybe you put it on hold?), but it makes the decision easier, right?
3.gif

Very strong fl will only be a problem if its causing haze. Just ask JA to take a look at the stone to make sure this isn''t a problem (its only reported in about 2% of stones that have fluoresence, so chances are it is not a problem, although it is more frequently a problem in very strong than in just plain strong).

One way to think about it is, if strong blue would make the I seem like an H, maybe very strong will make it seem like a G!
9.gif

bitterd

Rough_Rock
Oh, that''s me, sorry, LOL!

bitterd

Rough_Rock
I''m just very curious as to why it''s priced so low.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t know the price on the G, but it is a VS2, and the I is a VS1.

The G is a FIC, so should be a firey diamond.

bitterd

Rough_Rock
The G is my original choice and I''m quite thrilled with it. I was/am (a little) tempted by the larger size, since my goal was to get as close to 1ct as I could, staying in budget. But the very strong blue scares me. I''m loving the FIC numbers, so I''ll almost certainly stay with the G. Just wanted to get other opinions as to whether the I would be worth it.

Thanks for looking!
1.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah so this wasn''t a "just for fun question." Hope you enjoy your stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results