shape
carat
color
clarity

Which one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kdennis

Rough_Rock
I have two diamonds I can but, both are GIA Certified.
Diamond#1 $5,890
1.34Ct, F, VS1
Table=72%
Depth+71.9%
Girdle VTH-SLTHK
Flour None

Diamond#2 6,200
1.22CT D, SI1
Table=73%
Depth+70%
Girdle THN-THK
Flour Mblue

kdennis

Rough_Rock
Yes, I neglected to mention that both were princess cut diamonds with a square ratio of about .96-.97

folske

Rough_Rock
IMHO, anything over 71% depth starts to "show it". Could be just me, but I'd go with the shallower diamond. Of course, I'm sure Gary and Dave Atlas will recommend you get sarin results, as that's where you'll really find out how much this thing will shine.

diamondjake

Rough_Rock
I think that the differences between these 2 diamonds are so minor that a lot will depend on the setting. Have you chosen a setting for this stone?

kdennis

Rough_Rock
Diamond #1 will be set in platuinum with .71 twct of channel set baguellions (I'm not sure if that is the correct spelling but they are faceted baguettes). And a v cornered head.
Diamond #2 will be set in a 18K White Gold setting with platuimun 4 prong head and .8 txct princess cut chanel set sides.
The prices listed above do not include the setting. Each stone is at a different jeweler.

diamondjake

Rough_Rock
I would go with #1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results