shape
carat
color
clarity

Which one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Steve

Rough_Rock
Considering 2 diamonds:

Shape: Round Brilliant
Carat: .74
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 60.9%
Table: 55%
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Flourescence: None
Cost: 3,257

Carat: .78
Depth: 60.2 %
Table: 58 %
Symmetry: VG
Flourescence: Faint
Cost: $2,730

So uh, which do you guys prefer and why? I'm a little concerned about the depth on the second one, as well as the faint flourescense. The VG Symmetry shouldn't be noticably different from Excellent, right? (Without magnification I mean).

Thanks

Steve

Rough_Rock
Note: The above two diamonds are both F in Color!

Heres one more I'm considering:
CERT: AGS
Color: F
Carat: .75
Depth: 61.6%
Table: 56%
Symmetry: ID
Polish: ID
Cost: 3,006

Looks like a good one, but I'm concerned about the AGS cert. How does this one compare with the above two?

Jess

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 6/20/2002 10:59:50 AM

Considering 2 diamonds:

Carat: .74
Depth: 60.9%
Table: 55%
Symmetry: Excellent
Cost: 3,257

Carat: .78
Depth: 60.2 %
Table: 58 %
Symmetry: VG
Flourescence: Faint
Cost: $2,730

So uh, which do you guys prefer and why? I'm a little concerned about the depth on the second one, as well as the faint flourescense. The VG Symmetry shouldn't be noticably different from Excellent, right? (Without magnification I mean).

Thanks
----------------

WEll, to be able to help, you need to get Sarin reports for both stones (for crown and pavilion angles.) Plug the numbers in the the Cut Advisor (link at top) and see how they perform. And post the Sarin numbers too, we love that :) I would not be concerned with the depth of either stone, or the slight flourescence. The depths will make these look larger than deeper cut stones of the same weight. The internal symmetry won't be visible without magnification anyway, and the experts say that it takes an expert to tell the difference between good and excellent symmetry, let alone Very good and excellent. I am anxious to see the numbers you get! Oh, the other thing, do a search by cut quality from the front page (pricescope.com) and see what you get as far as prices go. Also, call vendor listed on this page and tell them what you are looking for. From other posts on here, most vendors are really helful.
jess

Jess

Rough_Rock
The experts here love the AGS cert as much as GIA, no problem there. Post crown and pavilion #s from that cert!
Jess

Steve

Rough_Rock
I'll try and get those numbers. Also, ID in an AGS cert means Ideal, and is AGS top rating... Right?

Jess

Rough_Rock
Again, the experts will tell you that every ideal cut stone doesn't necessarily mean it will perform as well as some "non-ideal" stones. Read the tutorials on this site. It is a wealth of info. I think there is an info page about the cut advisor and it tell you all this stuff. Ideal proportions are based on a set range of proportions. The HCA shows how different proportions will act together, so some non-ideal stones may perform better than ideals. I am not an expert at all, I just hang around here an awful lot!!!
JEss

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results