shape
carat
color
clarity

which one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ineedhelp

Rough_Rock
First of all you guys have been so much help, thanks. which one would you guys recomend and why? Also what does the number on the total visual performance mean? What is a good number and a bad? Thanks again, Chris

1)
1.603 H VS2 $11476.683 (ags cut)0 (Depth %)61.7 (table %)54 (crown angel)34.8 (pavillion angle)40.8 (girddle %)0.7-1.7 (fluor.)MB (dimensions)7.53-7.58*4.66

2)
1.733 I SI1 $9566.16 (depth)61.1 (tabel)56 (crown angel)34.8 (pavillion angle)40.8 (girddle).9-1.4 (fluor.) N (dimensions)7.75 - 7.80 x 4.75 mm

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
first one hca of 1.5 ex ex ex vg
second one hca of 1.4 ex ex ex vg
Its a wash they are both great cuts.
If you can verify that the second one is eyeclean it would be my pick.
Which cert are they? ags or gia?
Can you get ideal-scope images of both?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Honestly.......I'd split the difference and go for this one:

1.657, H, SI1, 0 (H&A) ,1.7-EX, ex-ex-vg-vg ,61.5 ,54, 34.7°, 40.9°, AGS, 0.7-1.2, pt, id, id, mb, $10914b, GoodOldGold

It's right in the middle on weight, gives you the better color without paying the premium for the VS2, and it's right in the same price range. Scores just as well on the HCA....there is NO visual difference between 1.2 and 1.7. Finally, this stone also has medium blue, so it should face WHITE WHITE!

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Of the two posted, I would go with the I/SI1 if it is eye clean. The I/SI1 has a larger table and thus will have greater white light return.

On the other hand, Aljdewey does provide a good compromise.

rodent.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did you get those identical angles? If the same seller has a third stone with yet the same, I'd start asking why and start scrutinizing the other specs. HCA aside, these are two quite different stones (so, yes, finding something in the middle is the first thing that comes to mind). It seems that quite a few would think a H color with some fluorescence will look visibly whiter than an I without. Wether the clarity grades correspond to any visual impact is hard to tell, but that SI would have to be a quite 'bad' one to make a difference. The H stone has more diameter variation, but since this does not downgrade the symmetry and the stones are not supposed to be H&A...

So? I like the first more and would rather look further. I see that you have made some serious effort to get the right angles: but what is your priority? If this is light return, i'd rather see a blurry Brilliancescope image than all those angles.

And what is that premium suposed to be for?

PS: This is the stone cited about from GOG

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It really all depends on the quality of the SI1, If it on the sides of the stone?is it in the center?is it black/white?if it is a side imperfection and it is completely eyeclean(which it should be),I would go for the bigger stone.
1)it's very close in color and clarity
2)priceed much less.
3)it's bigger.(not to say that bigger is better, but in most cases it is
9.gif
)

I think if you are also concerned with price you should check different sites on the web,There are better deals out there for the same type of stones.

good luck

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oups... I did go through your latest topics and, looking over all that, I am wandering if you would not have some use for a diamond broker to stand between you and yet more diamond shopping. For all our good intentions here on PS, the forum is not meant for this: all advice will fall short of a direct offer. If you still want that diamond until the end of this month
eek.gif
(?) and want quality rather than a rock-bottom bargain, this may be the way to go. After all, hunting for the last decimal of the pavilion angle is not making jogling all those Cs any easier, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results