shape
carat
color
clarity

which one you prefer Pepsi or Coke ? diet or reg ?......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OldBride

Rough_Rock
If I could, it would be regular coke out of a glass bottle with a twist of lemon. Since I can''t, I like the new diet coke with Splenda, which thus far, hasn''t been proven to kill you.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/21/2005 6:13:26 PM
Author: Patty
Diet Coke please. First, you pour the soda into a glass. THEN you add the ice. Is much more bubbly this way. Do a comparison test and you'll see! (It works with Pepsi too.)
9.gif

DF, I remember the Pepsi in the large bottles. When I was in high school I would go to the swimming pool with my girlfriend every afternoon. At 2 p.m., we'd leave and walk to her house which was just two houses from the pool. We'd have a large Pepsi and watch General Hospital. At 3 p.m. we'd go back to the pool. Those were the days! But...we never drank straight from the bottle. We always used the large pastel tupperware glasses! To this day, I prefer my soda in a plastic glass.

I know what you mean about the bottles being the best, though! Recently I got a gift basket and it had 6 bottles of Diet Coke in it. I was so excited to have BOTTLES, not cans, that I saved them for a special occasion. One day I noticed that they were all gone but two. I asked my hubby about them and he said that he had been drinking them. He thought I didn't like them b/c I was not drinking them. I was sooo disappointed!
8.gif
I can't tell you how many glasses I broke pouring warm Coke over ice already in a glass.
20.gif
I've learned that's adding ice afterwards is the most economical way for me, lol.

Non diet - Coke
Diet- Pepsi (doesn't leave that odd aftertaste like diet coke does.)

ETA: DF, I knew it used to have cocaine in it. My mom said when she was a little girl the only place they could get it was at the drug store. Knowing my grandparents, I'm really surprised that they bought it knowing that it had that it there.

Oh, and was it Pepsi or Coke that everyone used to put the salty peanuts in? I knew it was done only with the glass bottled drinks.

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
Cream Soda. From a now long gone soda company called Rose Valley in Media, PA.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Denise and I are total Coke addicts! No variations, ONLY the real thing. One time we both made a decision not to drink it anymore but that didn''t last too long!!

9 years ago I was fortunate to travel to Eastern Europe on a teen tour as the coordinator. We were in Poland for a few days and the Coke was incredible - came in glass bottles and tasted different from the Coke here. Maybe it still had some of those "old time ingredients" in it
2.gif

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2005 1:32:49 AM
Author: LesleyH
Denise and I are total Coke addicts! No variations, ONLY the real thing. One time we both made a decision not to drink it anymore but that didn''t last too long!!

9 years ago I was fortunate to travel to Eastern Europe on a teen tour as the coordinator. We were in Poland for a few days and the Coke was incredible - came in glass bottles and tasted different from the Coke here. Maybe it still had some of those ''old time ingredients'' in it
2.gif

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com
You went to Poland??? (Sorry, off topic) MIL2B''s family is from Poland!
37.gif
In fact, she''s first generation American. I''m trying to get over my fear of flying because h2b still has cousins there that he has never met or heard from and I would love to surprise him someday with a trip there.

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
McDonald''s medium coke (large is too big to hold) with lots of ice! And some hot perfectly salted fries since I''m already cheating and having regular coke!!!

McDonald''s Coke is never flat Mara!!!!
1.gif

klr

LittleRock

Shiny_Rock
I love Pepsi!!!! And I especially love it when I get it at the mall from the tap.

It cracks me up when I ask for Pepsi at a resteraunt and they say, "No, we don''t but we do have coke. Is that all right?"
38.gif
Uuuuuh, That would be a big fat "NO!"!!!!!
23.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Definitely diet Coke. Often. Very often. I think I, like Matatora, might bleed diet Coke.

My preference is as follows:

1. Fountain, especially from 7-11. Ah, I miss the 7-11....
2. Out of a can or cold, over ice. Sometimes I add a splash of raspberry Diet Rite
3. Out of a bottle, only in soda emergencies.

I have a very sad fact to share, though. I think my FI is in the process of ruining diet Coke for me. (stop reading now if you don''t want him to ruin it for you too!!
32.gif
)

One day he made an observation that he noticed how many diet Cokes he''d go through in a day. He said once he finished one, he''d open another. (I replied, "Yes, and?"
20.gif
) He said the diet Cokes must be making him more thirsty. Apparently there are 40 mg of sodium in each 12 oz. can. Salty diet Coke goodness.

Well, once he said that, I''ve started to notice the saltiness. And my constant state of thirstiness.
8.gif
So I''m drinking a little more water now, which is probably for the best.
15.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results