shape
carat
color
clarity

which one you prefer AGS or GIA?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sweatgem

Rough_Rock
I have found two diamonds:

1) 1 ct H/SI1, 1.8 on HCA ex vg vg vg vg, H&A, AGS cert. with triple 0

2) 1ct H/VS2, 0.8 on HCA ex ex ex ex ex, GIA cert with ex ex and H&A on sarin report

I can't decide which one I should take. Price are almost the same for those two diamonds. In somehow, I want a diamond with AGS cert which I feel more safe or more sure that I will get the correct diamond whcih match the cert. as they have the laser incription (H&A xxxxx) on the diamond. However, this diamond has higher score on HCA, I know 1.7 is not that bad, it's still excellent choice. On the other hand, the second diamond with GIA cert with better quality and better result on HCA with the sarin report, but not AGS cert. My concern is, I live outside US, and I will want the vendor to mail me the diamond, of course I will take it to the appraiser, but if in case I need to return the diamond, then a lot of extra work afterward. But for the first AGS cert. diamond, as least I can be sure that I will get the right diamond by checking the laser incription. Do diamonds which graded by GIA have laser incription too?

By the way, if you were me, which one you would choose? AGS or GIA?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Could you post all the specs? From what you've posted, I'd pick #2. GIA and AGS are pretty much compatible, don't worry about that.
1.gif

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Some vendors will send to the independent appraiser of your choice prior to purchase. We just did one that went to Hong Kong after our verification and scrutiny. Something to think about. Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results