shape
carat
color
clarity

which one will u choose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dipsi

Rough_Rock
I am a newbie to diamond and wouldappreciate your help on this:
I have done some search over the internet and came up on the following two stones, originally I was looking for something over 1 carat, but those two stones have the cut and color grade I like and mostly the price range.

I like the F color for #1, since I am going to wear the ring and most of the time color is what you tell ( no one is going to see it under a microscope for the SI1 clarity. The inclusions are mostly white, no black ones). plus, I think the strong fl will actually make the stone whitter . And it is bigger.
For #2, I love the cut, would that cut enough for the size and color difference?

They were both about the same price , #2 about $200 more than #1.
#1:
Shape: Round
Carat weight: 0.92
Cut: Premium
Color: F
Clarity: SI1
Certificate: GIA

Depth: 62.6%
Table: 59%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Very Strong
Measurements: 6.19*6.23*3.89

Item Number: 885687
Shape: Round
Carat weight: 0.84
Cut: Hearts & Arrows Ideal
Color: G
Clarity: VVS2
Certificate: AGS

Depth: 61.9%
Table: 54.6%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Neglible
Measurements: 6.03*6.08*3.75

Crown Angle: 34.8°
Crown %: 15.90
Pavillion Angle: 40.7°
Pavillion %: 42.80

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I''m not an expert, just a consumer, but do think you''re paying dearly for that vvs clarity. If you post your price range, and any other details you are looking for, there are some people here that love to hunt down diamonds and can post some for you that venders carry online. It''s Chrismas Eve and folk are spread out all over the globe, so give it a day or two...
1.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Thoughts:

Can you get more info (crown & pavilion angles) for #1?
Can you expand your selection?
Why just these two?

As you say, features of both are attractive.

Dipsi

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your response. Both of the above two tones are about $4k range.Am I in the correct selection?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 8:22:09 PM
Author: Dipsi
Thanks for your response. Both of the above two tones are about $4k range.Am I in the correct selection?
I like just about everything on #2, except the clarity....As julia pointed out, it''s kinda overkill. And yes, we love to find diamonds for people.

Are these from a retail shop, or online?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 is very nice; seem to be paying about 400-500 more for the VVS2 vs. a VS2

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
engagementringsdirect.com has a nice selection of over 1ct diamonds in that price range, mostly SI2''s though, but wouldn''t hurt asking if any of those are eye clean

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like #2. And I think $400-500 is a small premium to pay for VVS2. So I''d like it with VVS2!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results