shape
carat
color
clarity

Which one should I pick?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondtobe

Rough_Rock
Hi everybody. This site has been really helpful. I''m so glad I found it. But even with all the great info, I still need help!

I''m looking for a 1ct, F-G, VS1-VS2, ideal cut diamond. I found these two on whiteflash:
1.003ct F VS2 Ideal cut, polish, & symmetry
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-636619.htm#

1.02ct G VS1 Ideal cut, polish & symmetry
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-608085.htm#

How do they look and which one would you pick? Or what other ones should I consider? Thanks for your help!

C

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think you can go wrong with either stone but the F has a larger table which I perfer - larger spread (bigger looking) but the comparison to the G is so slight.

Anything in the VS cat. won''t necessarily show visible inclusions so your safe on that.

I think the G will sprakle more (smaller table). But it is a G and if you are highly color sensitive this may bother you.

Most on PS would probably ask why you aren''t considering a stone with lower color (or same color) but higher inclusion rating SI1 or2 as long as it''s eye clean.

You can get a bigger diamond this way.

I like the VS clarity as I can see almost any inclusion unless its blocked by a prong. Even if I can''t see it readily but know its there it would bother me.
emotion-15.gif

I also prefer F color stones myself.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome!

ACA diamonds are among the best cut and performing diamonds in the world. It takes the guesswork out of finding a top notch cut as these are always the cream of the cut crop - no worries there. So it depends on size, price, colour and clarity as to which you prefer, you could pick either and not go wrong! Personally I would pick the cheaper one!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2008 2:55:28 AM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
I don''t think you can go wrong with either stone but the F has a larger table which I perfer - larger spread (bigger looking) but the comparison to the G is so slight.

Anything in the VS cat. won''t necessarily show visible inclusions so your safe on that.

I think the G will sprakle more (smaller table). But it is a G and if you are highly color sensitive this may bother you.

Most on PS would probably ask why you aren''t considering a stone with lower color (or same color) but higher inclusion rating SI1 or2 as long as it''s eye clean.

You can get a bigger diamond this way.

I like the VS clarity as I can see almost any inclusion unless its blocked by a prong. Even if I can''t see it readily but know its there it would bother me.
emotion-15.gif

I also prefer F color stones myself.
Lisa, I hope you don''t mind, but I just wanted to clarify the point above for those who may be reading and get a tad confused.
1.gif
The table on the G isn''t particularly small, nor will it affect the sparkle or performance of an ACA diamond such as this. You can be sure, that everything on these diamonds works in such harmony to give the very best light performance and sparkle, that the table alone isn''t going to have a huge impact as such but is part of the whole picture. The crown and pavillion angles are crucial as to how a diamond handles light and with an ACA the consumer can be assured that the diamond has been crafted by experts, with the best possible proportions and has had to pass a number of rigorous tests to be considered worthy of the ACA title.

Either of these diamonds, like all ACA''s are going to be amongst the best performing diamonds available.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2008 4:04:39 AM
Author: Lorelei
Welcome!

ACA diamonds are among the best cut and performing diamonds in the world. It takes the guesswork out of finding a top notch cut as these are always the cream of the cut crop - no worries there. So it depends on size, price, colour and clarity as to which you prefer, you could pick either and not go wrong! Personally I would pick the cheaper one!
I also agree w/this; I too would pick the cheaper one. How exciting a new stone!!! Welcome to PS!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''d both be gorgeous, but I''d go with the F and save yourself 450.00.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei, thanks for the expanded knowledge.

I always learn so much from your posts.

I figured the size diferential was neglible
2.gif

You guys blow me away with your prowess. I would definitely not buy a stone with out your OK, seriously.

Lisa

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your very kind words Lisa, it means a lot that we are helping!
35.gif

diamondtobe

Rough_Rock
Thank you, everyone!

I''m not a flashy person, so I decided 1ct was what I would be comfortable with. My budget was in the $7000-8000 range. I''ve heard to just get the best diamond for your budget. These two seemed like good fits.

I think I''m leaning toward the F as well.

Thanks again!

C

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
Go with the F!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the F!
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2008 4:04:39 AM
Author: Lorelei
Welcome!

Yah! Ditto here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results