shape
carat
color
clarity

WHICH ONE SHOULD I PICK ???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

betection

Rough_Rock
Hello I am in the middle of choosing a ring to buy for my girlfriend, I thought I would start the with stones, this is what is available to me:

carat size dimensions color clarity depth table
A- 1.21 7.01x7.04x4.13 G SI2 58.8 59
forescence None polish VG symetry X

B- 1.16 6.90x6.95x4.06 H SI1 58.6 60 florescence Med polish X symetry X

C- 1.19 6.93x6.97x4.11 H SI2 59.1 56
florescence none polish VG symetryVG

option A will cost me about $5200, option B will cost me $5300 and option C will cost me about $4850
***** all stones are round brilliant cut and GIA certified

which one should I get, can anyone tell me if A,B or C are ideal cut or very good cut?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
From the absolutely basic numbers, which is all you have given here...C looks like the best bet out of the 3...in terms of possibly cut quality. The other two have larger tables than depth, which *could* be nice, but C has a better table/depth combo from the start.

Are these offline purchases? Have you seen them in person? Does one pop out more? Request crown and pavilion angle, a Sarin report, and then report back with that information! Then people can tell you more!

Here is a comparison option from WhiteFlash. It's a Hearts and Arrows, Superideal stone. Superbly cut. Check out the #'s. Click on the 'IdealScope' image. The price is before Pricescope discount.

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-4658802

One more. Expert Selection. The numbers are very nice. Cheaper too.

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-586220.htm

You may decide to shop offline, but using some of these online comparisons may help you negotiate into a better cut stone for same price! Good luck.

betection

Rough_Rock
Hello they dont have a sarin report, and they are an on line purchase, through a "wholesaler".....thanks

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Between two cars sold at the same price, what would you mage buying one without an engine ?

No joke. These stones you have picked are sold at the same price as an ideal cut but without the engine
sad.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is no such thing as a wholesaler who sells to the public, by nature therefore they are not a wholesaler.

Why would you even consider online stones with no further information? No Sarin? $5k? I don't think so. Look at my comparisons. These are excellently cut stones with all the extra information...for the same price. Honestly, can you tell me why you would buy online, sight-unseen but with 1/2 the info? At least offline purchases, people can say they have seen the stone and think it's beautiful. You don't even have that.

I'm very curious.

Magnum

Shiny_Rock
They may be great stones, there is just no way to tell with the info you have. There are several internet vendors that will give you all kinds of information about their stones so you can make an informed decision for similar prices.

I'd also be wary of any internet vendor that claims they are a wholesaler or that they sell at wholesale prices. Maybe Law Gem can confirm this, but I think it might even be illegal to claim you are a wholesaler and then sell to the general public. If it's not illegal, than it is unethical.

Also, you said "this is what is available to me." There is a lot out there available to you. Is there any particular reason you want to work with this vendor? Don't get boxed into doing something you're not comfortable with. Good luck in your search.
1.gif

betection

Rough_Rock
hello , sorry I should have been more clear, I found this guy on line, but his store is about 1.5 hours drive from where I live, I fully plan to purchase the stone in person, that is why I am considering this purchase

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, than the seller is lucky to get a good client. It is usual that more information is provided for stones sold online at a premium, and the price indicates a premium on cut quality - which remains to be demonsrated.

The seller can well demonstrate the quality of this stones on site - since you are going to his store. In absence of extra numbers about the stones and gemological equipment, the best way would be to compare these with a "Harts and Arrows" (name for premium cut stones) the seller might have. Some H&A stones come branded (Harts of Fire is such a brand).

I would expect a diamond cut to what we call here 'ideal proportions' to look nearly as good as a H&A stones in terms of light return.

Best of luck
1.gif

Magnum

Shiny_Rock
Almost every vendor that participates on this forum will gladly send a diamond you're interested in to an independent appraiser in your local area before you purchased it. That way you can actually see it in person, and if you like it, wire them the money and take ir home that day.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ay carumba.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results