shape
carat
color
clarity

Which one of these diamonds would you pick?

TheRingSeeker

Rough_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
TheRingSeeker|1453770813|3981470 said:
Gypsy|1453770518|3981465 said:
TheRingSeeker|1453768671|3981445 said:

3520069 This one, and put it on hold now before someone grabs it.
his
Thanks. May I ask why you chose that one? From what I can tell, that one has light leakage around the girdle (aka "digging" i think?).

So you asked me to pick between them.
1. Crown Angles is way too low. I don't even know how this one is an expert selection stone. It would be a good pendant stone, but as a ring stone, no.
2. 60/60 style with a crown that is JUST at the point that you can't go any lower. This will favor white light over fire and colored light. Most people who are shopping on whiteflash are not looking for a 60/60 style stone.
3. The IS is not as crisp at all. And shows a little leakage, probably due to the crown/pavilion combo.
4. This was my second choice. It's just a tiny bit smaller though and I didn't like the large swing in the girdle from thin to slightly thick. I prefer even girdles.. But numbers are the same pretty much as the one I chose. You are right it is a tiny bit better on the IS around the girdle. Not going to be noticable though to the naked eye.
5. Is the one I chose. You could make a pair of earrings with this one and the one before. But this was the only one between 4, 5 and 6 that didn't have a feather. IMO if you can avoid a feather, you might as well.
6. This one is nice too. Least expensive, but the price differences aren't large. Also could be in earrings with #4 or #5.

TheRingSeeker

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the detailed reply.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but why is better to avoid feathers than clouds for example?

Also, do you think #4 and #5 can be used in an engagement ring too?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
TheRingSeeker|1453775021|3981514 said:
Thanks for the detailed reply.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but why is better to avoid feathers than clouds for example?

Also, do you think #4 and #5 can be used in an engagement ring too?
To your last question, yes. Definitely.

Well, feather is a nice word for crack.

They are SMALL cracks. And you don't have to worry about them unless they break the surface or are on corners of a SI clarity stone or are listed first on the plot of an SI diagram. And even then you just have to ask the gemologist to see if it's a safe one, or not.

But, still. I'm not a fan of feathers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results