shape
carat
color
clarity

Which of these would you choose? Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mr3Rs

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I don''t have lot of money for a big ring so here''s what I can afford. Please help me pick out the best one. I attached the file here. Thanks a lot

LHDi.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so not an expert and I am not a huge princess fan, but overall, from what I know, the first round stone seems good...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome
35.gif

Diamondfan is right, the first 2 diamonds look promising, but we need the crown and pavillion angles which can be found on the GIA report if it is a recent one. I don''t know much about Princess cuts, but Julie might be here soon and have a look and Belle later on today.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
there is definitely potential there on all of the stones. it would be helpful to narrow them down using more information, especially idealscope images. i think you are on the right track with h/si princess as far as color/clarity. you can see the savings that such a combination gives you. the first two princess stones are less square than the last two, so i would lean towards one of those but again, i like the savings of lower color/clarity. don''t pay for what you can''t see!

best of luck!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi,
I am an expert, and I can rule out stone 1 thin and the one with a V Thin girdle.

Otherwise there is nothing in that data that does anything other than confuse the issue.

Ideal-scope or ASET images please

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gary, what''s wrong with thin on the round? I have always heard anything from thin to slightly thick was fine/desirable.
33.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2006 8:00:30 AM
Author: Ellen
Gary, what's wrong with thin on the round? I have always heard anything from thin to slightly thick was fine/desirable.
33.gif

It's when it goes from thin to slightly thick all on one stone that I'd find less desirable! Sounds a bit wavy to me. Medium to slightly thick is far preferable from a setting and durablity standpoint.

I don't know much about princess cuts, although I question the ideal rating for a diamond with just a 'good' grade on symmetry. Of the diamond listed, and given the limited information, I'd pick #2. But more info would really help.
35.gif

ETA: where are these from? What's their basis of the ideal cut grading?? If you give us a budget PSers love to help people find diamonds. (Although I suggest low-balling the budget as people tend to pick stones at the very top and a little over people's budgets. IMO)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Indie, thanks. I can understand that, but him just saying "thin" is what confused me. That''s probably what he really meant though.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2006 1:56:10 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Princess cuts ahave corners and edges that break more easily than rounds.

And I do not like thin on rounds either for the same reason
Really? You would rule out ALL rounds with thin girdles??

Mr3Rs

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your input. It helps me a lot. I talked to my GF and she agreed to lower the clarity to save some $ or get a bigger one. By the way, all the diamonds are from the vendors on Pricescope.

Pricecope is great. I''m glad I found this website. Was about to buy something on ebay. So so so glad that I had found Pricescope before making that mistake.

Thanks again.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/28/2006 2:01:16 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 11/28/2006 1:56:10 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Princess cuts ahave corners and edges that break more easily than rounds.

And I do not like thin on rounds either for the same reason
Really? You would rule out ALL rounds with thin girdles??
except for FIC''s which have very steep crown angles and crown heights and so far less chance to chip.

Mr3R''s I think lowering clarity makes good sense.
I would suggest H or better color as princess shows a little more face up color than rounds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results