shape
carat
color
clarity

Which of These Two Stones? - Assistance Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Summit

Rough_Rock
Aside from the obvious differences in color and size, what thoughts does everyone have on the following two stones? Which of the two might you recommend and why?

Diamond #1: 1.285ct D VS2 Round H&A
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/3015
Color: D
Clarity: VS2
AGS Cut Grade: Ideal
AGS Light Performance: Ideal
Optical Symmetry: Superior
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: Negligible
Girdle: 2.09%
Culet: None
Width: 6.93mm
Length: 6.97mm
Depth: 4.33mm
Table Percentage: 54.71%
Depth Percentage: 62.37%
Crown Angle: 34.93
Crown Depth: 15.92%
Pavilion Angle: 40.64
Pavilion Depth: 42.80%
Upper Girdle Angle: 40.95
Lower Girdle Angle: 41.84

Diamond #2: 1.413ct F VS2 Round H&A
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/3066
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
AGS Cut Grade: Ideal
AGS Light Performance: Ideal
Optical Symmetry: Superior
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: Negligible
Girdle: 2.41%
Culet: None
Lab Report: AGS
Width: 7.14mm
Length: 7.19mm
Depth: 4.47mm
Table Percentage: 55.03%
Depth Percentage: 62.43%
Crown Angle: 34.51
Crown Depth: 15.54%
Pavilion Angle: 40.79
Pavilion Depth: 43.03%
Upper Girdle Angle: 40.01
Lower Girdle Angle: 42.08

Thanks for any opinions in advance,
Summit

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
While I like the angles better on the second onee I like the longer lgf% of the first much more so it would be my pick cut wise.
Others might go the other way for the same reason.

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
I like the size of #2, so that is my pick!
2.gif

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/11/2007 11:53:29 AM
Author: jayrenay9
I like the size of #2, so that is my pick!
2.gif
I agree with jayrenay! Both stones are stunning, but I like the size of the second. I don''t think you''ll go wrong with either, though, to be honest with you! Wow... you''ve done a great job so far, and I am already beginning to wonder about how fabulous the end product will turn out. Congratulations!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Summit,

Between those two, I''d pick the second. However, it''s facing up a bit small. My 1.4 is 7.25, that one should be at least the same size, if not a hair bigger. Nit picky? Maybe, but I feel like, if there are other stones facing up to their size, why not get one of them?

So, I would also recommend this. It''s a G, which is not going to show color either.

http://204.17.89.15/diamond/1937/

Summit

Rough_Rock
Ellen - I''m actually set on D-F, even if only for mind clean issues. (I personally had a rough time dropping to F VS2 for this reason, but I think I''m alright now.)

Does anything think either of these might be more beautiful than the other, or possibly see any ''warning signs'' about either?

Strmrdr - You mentioned a few points about the cuts... Could you possibly elaborate or reference another post?

Thanks,
Jason

richie5120

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 8:03:16 AM
Author: Summit
Ellen - I''m actually set on D-F, even if only for mind clean issues. (I personally had a rough time dropping to F VS2 for this reason, but I think I''m alright now.)

Does anything think either of these might be more beautiful than the other, or possibly see any ''warning signs'' about either?

Strmrdr - You mentioned a few points about the cuts... Could you possibly elaborate or reference another post?

Thanks,
Jason

Both appear to be sold now! The problem posting direct links here is that you get long time lurkers (I call them bottom feeders) that look at others posts and find their diamonds that way. It happend to us twice! We learned the hard way. A word of advice if you post a direct link, secure diamond buy putting a deposit down/price hold on credit card. If you don''t want that route post the specs and not the acutally link to the diamond.

Summit

Rough_Rock
Richie5120 - The fortunate thing here is that both of these stones are reserved by me. I think that your advise is solid however.

Summit

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/11/2007 11:28:19 AM
Author: strmrdr
While I like the angles better on the second onee I like the longer lgf% of the first much more so it would be my pick cut wise.
Others might go the other way for the same reason.
Why do you like the longer lgf% on the first versus the angles of the second? What does this mean?
Can you help me to understand what this translates to in terms of visible performance?

Thanks,
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results