shape
carat
color
clarity

Which of these two princess cuts is best?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FionaH

Rough_Rock
Hi Experts

I have narrowed my search to two GIA certed stones. The details are as follows:

Stone 1) 2.01 Cts
Colour: H
Clarity SI2
Measurements:7.37 x 7.23 x 4.72
Depth:65.3%
Table: 67%
Polish; Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
No flouresccence
Girdle: thin to med

Stone 2) 2.10 cts
Colour F
Clarity SI2
Measurements: 7.54 x 7.22 x 4.96
Depth: 68.7%
table: 71%
Polish Very Good
Symmetry: good
No flourescence
Girdle: medium

Obviously, to have F colour over H is better, and this would cost me an extra $2000. However, I am wondering about how the two stones will handle light. As the H stone is slightly squarer, and has very good symmetry, against the F stone which only has good symmetry, will the H colour stone perform better in terms of light return?

Or is it the case the that both stones will handle light well, and that there will be no discernable difference (other than the colour, of course).

I have had photos sent to me of both stones, and can see that the symmetry on the H is better. But the vendor can't send me pictures taken through the idealscope, so I'm going to have to anke up my mind based on the information above.

Please help!

Thanks

FionaH:tongue: :wavey:

FionaH

Rough_Rock
Leonid - I just tried to edit this posting and attach the picturesof the two diamonds which are in Jpeg format. I couldn't seem to do it. Can I e-mail them to you and could you attach them to my posting?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
2diamonds.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results