shape
carat
color
clarity

Which of these two diamonds is a better value

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondNovice20

Rough_Rock
Hi. I''m really new to the diamond buying thing and thanks to all the great info here, I feel that I''m much better equiped to make smart diamond buying decisions.

I''m buying an engagement ring, and planning to propose to my gf in a month.

So I''ve called around, and one of my friend had a friend who works for a wholeseller, and she sent me some info on couple of diamonds that meets my requirements. I have all the info with me, and would like to get your opinion as to which one is a better buy for me.

Originally, I set my budget to $3,500 for the diamond alone, but I guess I can put in some extra for something out of my range.

Diamond 1
Carat: 92 pt
Cut: RB AGS000
Color: G
Clarity: SI2
Table: 56%
Depth: 61.8%
Crown Angle: 35 dg
Pavilion Angle: 40.7 dg
Measurements: 6.24x6.29x3.87
Girdle:
FL: none
Culet: Pointed
Price: $4,000
HCA: 1.2

Diamond 2
Carat: 83 pt
Cut: RB AGS000
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Table: 54%
Depth: 62.1%
Crown Angle: 34.6 dg
Pavilion Angle: 41.0 dg
Measurements: 6.02x6.07x3.76
Girdle: 1-2%
FL: none
Culet: Pointed
Price: $3,200
HCA: 2.0

Can anyone take a look at these specs and let me know which one of these diamond is a better buy? I think I can afford the first one if I try hard enough.

Thank you very much.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
#1 seems to be fairly priced, a bit high for a non-H&A, tho. Good Old Gold has a comparable SI1, H&A offered for a touch over $4300. GREAT score!! If it's eye clean, that one could be a very good performer.

#2 also seems to be fairly priced, maybe leaning a bit toward the high end of the range. Still a very good score and should also be a dazzler.

The prices you have been offered are really comparable to diamonds being offered by online Vendors. This isn't the "inside deal" you might have hoped to get. Both diamonds have great potential, tho, so you have 2 good candidates.
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I'd personally prefer the first one as long as it's eye-clean.

The proportions are a bit tighter, stone depth is a bit more desirable, and the diameter makes a HUGE difference. The first stone will hold up against any "1 ct." mall stone going - and blow it out of the water to boot. If it were me, I'd consider that worth the price difference.

If the budget is tight, though, the second would be a nice choice too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results