Image of three rings on my hairy finger in the next post

Prices are the same, except Choice A is 500$ more

Choice A - Round 1.23 center stone GIA, 1.79CT
H VS2
_34546.jpg

Choice B - Princess 1.52 center stone JAA, 2.07CT
I VS2
_34545.jpg

Choice C - Oval 2.50 center stone JAA, 2.50CT - Doesn't "sparkle" as much, visible inclusion only if looked closely at
E SI3
_34544_0.jpg

I don't know what to do, I like the WOW factor of Choice C, however, it doesn't pop in the light as the others do and have obvious inclusions visible......

_34544.jpg

_34545.jpg

_34546.jpg

img_9385.jpg

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! Are you the guy buying an e-ring for your GF? Reason I ask is because the choices you have chosen are all very different even though they may not seem like it. They all have a halo with pave on the shank, but the center stones vary quite a bit. What shape diamond does your GF like? Has she mentioned it to you or her friends or pinned anything on a pinterest page? I can tell you many women would really NOT want a princess cut diamond, but would love a round brilliant for example. Before you choose, I would highly suggest finding out what shape diamonds your intended likes.

I would be careful of an "SI3" stone.

FWIW, I think the round brilliant looks the nicest. My second would be the princess and last the oval. The oval looks a bit dead. Don't get sucked into the bigger is better when it's with a dead looking stone. There's a high likelihood that someone will be sad down the road!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmmm, I think this is a hard choice because I like the oval shape + size combo the best, but I also am worried about SI3, and I can see what you mean about it not sparkling as much as the other two options because of the visible inclusions.

So given that my preference would be for the round stone. I would have really tough time between the princess and oval because I prefer the clarity of the princess but personally dislike the look of that shape in diamonds. But if your GF likes that look, I would definitely rate the princess higher than the oval, which would have to be "last" for me (simply because of the clarity issue).

+1 to the previous poster who recommended being careful about shapes. I think many people have strong opinions about diamond shapes, and some strongly dislike princess cut diamonds (myself included) while other love them. So that's a big thing to clarify.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the round is probably the safest choice. I also like the princess, but I'm partial to square shapes.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should provide information regarding the certificates for people to really help you. What lab are those diamonds graded by? I'm guessing the SI3 is EGL which is not recommended on this forum as they are highly suspect on very soft grading.

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock
The finger coverage and shape of the last is nice but the stone looks pretty grim and it would bug a lot of women, including me. The round brilliant would be my preferred option.

Can I ask why the choice is between these three? If you know your gf's preferences, there are very knowledgable people on here who would help you find a belter for any price point.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JDDN|1442864278|3930274 said:
I would be careful of an "SI3" stone.
Yup, No such grade in my book... :rolleyes:

confusedconsfused

Rough_Rock
So the round brilliant is by GIA, the other two are JAA.
Unfortunately she does not have a preference and I did not push her on this.

I think I am going with the round brilliant.
Even though the round is smaller (1.23 vs 1.52), seems bigger to the eye.
Plus the "surrounding diamonds" on the round brilliant are visible, while the princess cut seems to have lil bits of shards

Here are more views on the finalists

img_9387.jpg

img_9388.jpg

img_9387.jpg

img_9388.jpg

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Best option A, second at a pinch if GF likes princess cut B and as large as C is I would not touch it very bizzy and not goin to be a performer IMO

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the setting on the princess - both the smaller pave and how the stone sits lower. But I think the round will be a nice choice too.

FancyIntense

Shiny_Rock
I'd go for the GIA round, better value.

confusedconsfused

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone
I will be going for the GIA round brilliant

Any comments on the price?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results