shape
carat
color
clarity

Which of these ovals (based on these specs)?

SapphireBlue

Rough_Rock
Hello! WIll you please help me decide between two oval-cut, lab-created diamonds? The IGI certificates are below.

I know it's impossible to know which is better without seeing them side-by-side in person, and I have ordered both to compare, but any help you all can provide based on these specs would be most welcome.

If you need me to provide any additional information, please let me know!

—Sapphire

P.S. I deliberately chose stones that (I think) have good dimensions but have some slight visual imperfections. (I have lab-created studs that are such good diamonds and cut that they look like CZs and that bothers me, so I am going for more character with my engagement ring upgrade stone.)

1.17 G VS2 Oval.jpg
1.32, F, VS2 Oval.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @SapphireBlue

Unfortunately, there is no way for us to give any advice on fancy-cut stones by just looking at the numbers. I can tell you
I think the numbers look better on the second stone but it really means nothing. Fancy-cut stones have to be judged by
pictures, videos, Asets, Idealscope, etc.

Do you have videos for the stones? Can't imagine that you do or why wouldn't you post them? You dont want people making
a stab in the dark with very little information.

I'm going to ask Admin to move this thread...it belongs in the lab-grown forum where they are better at noticing things like
blue nuance and graininess. (this is the Earth-mined forum).

The lab-grown forum is here...

Once your thread gets moved, I'll take a look to see if you've got any more info that we can work with.

SapphireBlue

Rough_Rock
Hi @SapphireBlue

Unfortunately, there is no way for us to give any advice on fancy-cut stones by just looking at the numbers. I can tell you
I think the numbers look better on the second stone but it really means nothing. Fancy-cut stones have to be judged by
pictures, videos, Asets, Idealscope, etc.

Do you have videos for the stones? Can't imagine that you do or why wouldn't you post them? You dont want people making
a stab in the dark with very little information.

I'm going to ask Admin to move this thread...it belongs in the lab-grown forum where they are better at noticing things like
blue nuance and graininess. (this is the Earth-mined forum).

The lab-grown forum is here...

Once your thread gets moved, I'll take a look to see if you've got any more info that we can work with.

Sounds good. Thank you!

I went ahead and ordered both in identical settings, and I will update this thread when they arrive. Very excited.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results