shape
carat
color
clarity

which of these is more valuable?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
1. AGS certified AGS 000 Ideal cut ; SI2 clarity ; I color ; .72 carat

2. AGS certified AGS 000 Ideal cut ; SI2 clarity ; G color ; .72 carat

#1 mapping has a couple of inclusions around the outsides of the diamond (one of which is a little circle with dotted pink lines) while #2''s mapping has a lot more inclusions that are on the face of the diamond.

I would think #1 would be cheaper because it is I while 2 is G right, and all else is the same. however the jeweler keeps insisting that 1 is several hundred dollars more expensive than 2 because the mapping is cleaner. can this be true? i would think the G is more expensive by virtue of, all the other things are the same as according to the AGS certification.

so which one should be more valuable?

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
I agree with you: can''t image that one SI2 could be so much cleaner than another SI2 to make up (and then some) for the price difference from a G to an I. Maybe there''s more to the story...such as the cut. Or myabe one of the SI2''s is really bad and he thinks it got a lax grade and he''s being nice and discounting it for you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results