shape
carat
color
clarity

Which of these color change garnets is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I love the first one, the shape is very appealing. If you love a pear, I would go with number 3. I enjoy seeing the facets.

I wish you well and hope that you post when you choose one!

Bridget

widget

Ideal_Rock
Katrina:

I''m sure Valeria could do better, but here are pics of the three garnets stitched together in the same order as you posted their links..

Tough call..I sort of like the second stone (first pear) maybe???
33.gif

Anyway...here they are...
1.gif

widget

849.jpg

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for posting that Widget! B, I like both shapes equally, but also want to consider what would fit more easily into a standard mounting - I can''t shell out a bunch of $ to have something custom designed.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2005 9:6:21 PM
Author:katrina_33

Do any of these 3 look better than the next?
Yeah.. the last pear does. According to Multicolor, that one has the better color (see the color codes, the pictures look pretty close). I would tend to take their word on it given previous candide account of thier merchandise quality.

The first pear is the darkest of the bunch and has a small window (the even-colored patch in the middle of the stone).

If anything, it would be between the cushion and the second pear (#1 and #3 on your list).

I am not sure about fitting these to standard setting. You might want to ask about this in advance... From my blurry memory, the "calibrated" proportions for both rectangular stones and pears would be 7mm x 5mm and there's always a bit of a leeway (less than half a milimeter is cool, as far as I can imagine). The second pear (#3 on list) happens to fit this gauge a bit better than the cushion, although perhaps both could be set in a standard setting. It could be that Multicolor can do this for you as well - it can't hurt to ask.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katrina,
I would pick #3. You might also want to consider this place too: Mineralminers
I bought ccgg105 and am super pleased with it. I bought one from Multicolour and while the service was excellent, the stone turned out too dark for my tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results