shape
carat
color
clarity

Which of these 3 stones would you recommend?

Hiker923

Rough_Rock
Hi!

Hoping to hit the buy button today but need your help to find the best option from these 3 stones. She's looking for a 2 carat round diamond in a gold solitaire setting.

I still have a budget up to $25K and set my filters to these::
  • Carat: > 2
  • Color: >H
  • Clarity: > SI1
  • Cut: Excellent / Ideal
  • Florence: Min / None
Originally, I was flexible on the color to I but after watching a few youtube videos i got a bit turned off (it was comparing D, H, I in various lights and after a while i started noticing the tint)
  1. if there are people out there that do have an I color diamond, what's your experience?
    1. Do you notice the slight yellow tint?

Which of these 3 would you recommend of appearing the biggest and having the most sparkle?
  1. Option 1: https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4107634.htm
  2. Option 2: https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4187431.htm
  3. Option 3: https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3979464.htm

Also, looking at option 1, would those inclusions appear to the naked eye?

mission1

Shiny_Rock
On your question about I color, before giving my recent experience, there are a few aspects to take into account... 1) There’s variation within each color band, particularly as you move down the alphabet, 2) ability to see the color tints varies from person to person, and 3) the response to/preference for any perceived color varies from person to person.

I bought a G color diamond, and when I was thinking of swapping it I just prioritised cut and clarity in the potential alternative, thinking I wouldnt really notice a couple of grades lower color. However, I selected an I color and was very aware of a yellow tint, and didn’t like it. My fiancée could also see it. It may’ve been a lower I color than some, but it was enough that I would set my preference as down to G, with H perhaps being the lower limit if I got to physically see the diamond before purchasing.

Hiker923

Rough_Rock
On your question about I color, before giving my recent experience, there are a few aspects to take into account... 1) There’s variation within each color band, particularly as you move down the alphabet, 2) ability to see the color tints varies from person to person, and 3) the response to/preference for any perceived color varies from person to person.

I bought a G color diamond, and when I was thinking of swapping it I just prioritised cut and clarity in the potential alternative, thinking I wouldnt really notice a couple of grades lower color. However, I selected an I color and was very aware of a yellow tint, and didn’t like it. My fiancée could also see it. It may’ve been a lower I color than some, but it was enough that I would set my preference as down to G, with H perhaps being the lower limit if I got to physically see the diamond before purchasing.

Thank you for the response! I've set cut priority since i've understood that helps most with the sparkle. Comparing the H and G, I personally didn't notice a difference when I went in a few shops to look a their diamonds but the I to G was fairly noticeable for me.

Does your ring have any inclusions and are they noticeable to you?

mission1

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the response! I've set cut priority since i've understood that helps most with the sparkle. Comparing the H and G, I personally didn't notice a difference when I went in a few shops to look a their diamonds but the I to G was fairly noticeable for me.

Does your ring have any inclusions and are they noticeable to you?

Cut definitely the priority - when I mentioned prioritising cut, I actually meant selecting preferences of crown & pavilion angles within two diamonds which were excellent/ideal cuts.

Re inclusions, I went for an SI1. I looked at SI2 but could never find anything I was happy with. On the one I selected, I can just about see a feather inclusion if I look through the pavilion from the right angle with the right light (though only because I know where to look from finding it with a loupe!), but there’s no chance of it being visible looking into the face of the diamond. Light/clear inclusions can be quite hard to see in the table, due to the light return to your eye.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The H would be my choice.

They are all Super Ideal stones with angles/depths/tables falling within specific ranges and H&A. They will all be sparkly.
Ask WF for a picture of all 3 stones together to see if that helps you. Also, ask one of their Sales Associates to walk you
through them and see what they have to say. As I said, they will all be nice.

Hiker923

Rough_Rock
The H would be my choice.

They are all Super Ideal stones with angles/depths/tables falling within specific ranges and H&A. They will all be sparkly.
Ask WF for a picture of all 3 stones together to see if that helps you. Also, ask one of their Sales Associates to walk you
through them and see what they have to say. As I said, they will all be nice.

Awesome! I’ll reach out to them! Thanks
Very much!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results