shape
carat
color
clarity

Which of these 2 Infinity Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arobertson

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the barrage of posts recently, but I think I''ve narrowed it down to 2 diamonds. The setting will be a simple solitaire (1A3) from DS. Here are the two Infinity diamonds I''m looking at. Could someone give me suggestions, comments, opinions?

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-infinity&id=551
http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-infinity&id=342

Even in the picture, the smaller I looks whiter than the J, but I''m not sure how accurate of a comparison the picture is.

Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 1:06:34 PM
Author:arobertson
Sorry for the barrage of posts recently, but I think I've narrowed it down to 2 diamonds. The setting will be a simple solitaire (1A3) from DS. Here are the two Infinity diamonds I'm looking at. Could someone give me suggestions, comments, opinions?

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-infinity&id=551
http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-infinity&id=342

Even in the picture, the smaller I looks whiter than the J, but I'm not sure how accurate of a comparison the picture is.

Thanks!
Just fixing the links...

They both look beautiful, next step is to verify with Wink that they are eyeclean to your standards before you can proceed.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
They both scored great on the HCA, and I would make sure they are verified as eye clean. If both pan out as eye clean, and with such a small spread difference, I'd go with the I SI1. Is .1 of a mm worth $400 (- 5% wire discount) to you?

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 1:14:00 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
They both scored great on the HCA, and I would make sure they are verified as eye clean. If both pan out as eye clean, and with such a small spread difference, I''d go with the I SI1. Is .1 of a mm worth $400 (- 5% wire discount) to you?
I completely agree!!!
emsmile.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
They both scored great on the HCA, and I would make sure they are verified as eye clean. If both pan out as eye clean, and with such a small spread difference, I''d go with the I SI1. Is .1 of a mm worth $400 (- 5% wire discount) to you?
Good question. To some gals, it is. You need to be able to answer that.
28.gif
(assuming both are eyeclean)

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Agree.

arobertson

Rough_Rock
Well, both are eyeclean. Apparently, someone made an appointment to come in and look over both of them this afternoon, so it looks like I''ll get second dibs on whatever he/she doesn''t buy (unless he/she turns both down). Would I notice much difference between the I and J? I know that the med blue floro could actually make the J appear whiter, but in the image, it appears a little less-white.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 1:32:10 PM
Author: arobertson
Well, both are eyeclean. Apparently, someone made an appointment to come in and look over both of them this afternoon, so it looks like I''ll get second dibs on whatever he/she doesn''t buy (unless he/she turns both down). Would I notice much difference between the I and J? I know that the med blue floro could actually make the J appear whiter, but in the image, it appears a little less-white.
I don''t think so, these are both beautiful diamonds and I don''t think you need to worry even if you do get the J, plus the fluorescence might help anyway - don''t try to judge the colour from the images as this isn''t an accurate way to do so.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 2:34:27 PM
Author: Lorelei

I don''t think so, these are both beautiful diamonds and I don''t think you need to worry even if you do get the J, plus the fluorescence might help anyway - don''t try to judge the colour from the images as this isn''t an accurate way to do so.
Ditto this!

I''ve held some Inifinity Js and Ks and Ls in my hands, and I was astounded at how white they faced up.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 3:49:00 PM

Ditto this!

I''ve held some Inifinity Js and Ks and Ls in my hands, and I was astounded at how white they faced up.
Lucky duck!
25.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Either of those would be beautiful choices. They are very close in specs. If they are both available by tomorrow I''d have to pick the I, less expensive and you won''t notice the size difference.

Indira-London

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 3:49:00 PM

Ditto this!

Ditto to Infinity I/J/K/L and even M looking whiter than you would normally expect. Here for example is a picture of an Infinity J colour diamond set in a ring where the surround little diamonds are G colour though of course photos are not the best way to judge. I am sure that Wink will be able to advise.

Design diamond surround Italian a.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
You did good. That''s going be to a pretty ring and within budget!! I love the Infinity stones!!!

arobertson

Rough_Rock
I know! My budget was actually $2500, so I''m thrilled that I actually came in $500 below my budget. How often does that happen, eh?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! Congrats, you get the stone and the setting you wanted, and your girlfriend get''s a ring that''s going to blow her away!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results