shape
carat
color
clarity

Which of these 2 diamonds are better Poll??

Which of these 2 diamonds are better ?

• L1

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • R2

Votes: 19 86.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

420coffee

Rough_Rock
OK wanted to do a poll on these 2 diamonds to see how good eye clean they are to. So Please vote and tell me why!! To keep it fair I won't disclose color or grade. They are about the same ct. weight. Let's start the poll.

Diamond on left L1. Diamond on right R2

screenshot_20161028-133309_2.png

newjourney

Rough_Rock
Our brains are drawn to symmetry. The R/ diamond is clearly more symmetrical so that got my vote as being more appealing. It also appears brighter with better contrast.
I think the L/ diamond is unfairly displayed as I suspect some placement tilting. A couple opposing arrow shafts on that diamond have different lengths.
It's difficult to say which one is really better based on one photo.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They both look eye-clean based on that one static image.

Are they WF diamonds? If yes, we PSers could provide perhaps more helpful/relevant opinions/answers/comments if you'd post links to the actual stones so we could access the lab certificates and additional images/videos.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The left one is slightly tilted so it's not a fair comparison to say it is less symmetrical. If they are both ACAs, it's a toss up. If they are the same color, these two stones are identical enough to be a pair of earrings. The right one looks slightly whiter and possibly larger to me, and that's about the most definitive thing I can say.

Pictures are helpful, but they are not enough to make a buying decision. If you want to tell me the color and clarity, that would help me decide. It would also help me to know if they were both ACAs. If one is not, then I'd need to see the ASET image. Whiteflash provides all the info needed to make a decision. We need it all to tell you which is "better".

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With the info provided (which isnt enough for typical PSers), I choose the right stone because they both look eye-clean and
the right stone looks bigger too me. So is the right stone better??? Dont really know because they both look so similar but
it does look bigger.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry this is not the way to compare diamonds and you probably won't get accurate results unless you share more information. Saying that they both look like great diamonds.

n64bomb

Rough_Rock
Trade
I'm not voting on one or the other without more information.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
See now people would struggle a lot more to pick one compared to your original post.

For me it's an easy choice: http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3698979.htm

I played the videos side by side and although similar I felt that it had a better sparkle. Plus it's slightly larger and a higher colour for a reasonable saving. You won't be able to tell any difference between the VS1 and VS2 with a naked eye in terms of inclusions generally. That inclusion shouldn't be trouble at VS2 and is white but clarify it with whiteflash to ensure it's not visible at an angle from the side as it reflects light. If it's eye clean I think there's no point going for the other. Also ask WF for an opinion on which is a more beautiful diamond but I'm sure you can't go wrong with either of them.

420coffee

Rough_Rock
Gm89uk I agree with you . To me that was the first choice but was sure about the inclusion. That's why I originally just ask for everyone to judge by eye without other info. I will listen to your advise and ask them.

What do you think compare to this ASCENDANCY HEARTS & ARROWS ROUND CUT DIAMOND by GOG. They claim that their H&A are superior to others. Tried to keep it same color / clarity of course size is different since there was limited AH&A selection.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/1.20-ascendancy_heart_arrows-EX-GIA-D-VVS2-diamond-stock-14922a-cert-

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
While I have a lot of respect for GOG I don't think their superideals are any better than other superideals. They can certainly provide you with more scans / technical details of your diamond than most vendors.

Generally I would pick based on availability of the stone you want, customer service you prefer with such things as price of return / upgrade policy/costs, technical information regarding your diamond etc. As far as I know WF has the best upgrade policy and generally tend to be better value for their ACA compared to other vendors, but they all have their benefits.

I personally think that GOG stone, while very pretty isn't worth the money compared to the ACA. I'm bewildered to why anyone would buy a VVS2, and a D over an E colour is barely noticeable / if at all, on direct comparison. What will be noticeable is a significant size difference between 1.2 vs 1.4.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too prefer the E VS2 from WF....and I would still choose that over the GOG stone. You're sacrificing quite a bit of size there for no upside (D/E is so close that you definitely couldn't tell the difference in person and even graders can't agree between one color grade; both stone are fully eye clean so why pay for VVS2 when you can't see inclusions in either; quite a bit more expensive compared to both WF stones).

420coffee

Rough_Rock
Yeah I checked out that one before but I thought that it had more light leakage and alot more inclusion then the other WF 1.417.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There is not more light leakage on this stone, it also has a perfect ASET and Idealscope. These inclusions are not going to be visible, and you cannot judge the extent of inclusions on 1 picture from the top, only WF can accurately tell you which has more inclusions. Both are marked to be eyeclean.

That is a reasonably priced idealcut 1.2 G VS1. If you are willing to go to a G then you could consider this stone http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3738908.htm (although I prefer the proportions of the other, it will still be stunning). It's really up to you based on your budget and size.

You could also consider slightly cheaper alternatives if money is an issue:

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.30-carat-g-color-vs1-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-940758

420coffee

Rough_Rock
Gm89uk what do you mean you prefer the other, which GOG or WF ? Can you explain why the proportion are better too?

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I meant the other WF stones, just because I prefer the look of a smaller table. That is personal preference, and not because one is better than the other. I would be happy to have any of those stones. You just have to pick the one that suits your needs and is within your budget.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You've given a range of diamonds that you like, of different sizes, colour, clarity and price. You have asked regarding Gs and now showing D's. Do you know exactly what you want from a diamond? I really recommend you go to your local jeweller and ask to see GIA / AGS graded stones and compare different colours (try to see them in natural light or away from the bright jewellery store lights) to realise what your colour sensitivity is.

If you realise you're happy with a G, and most people are, then why spend the money on a D? Are you trying to maximise size or have the highest colour?

With regards to the diamonds above, they are both great performers. It depends on your budget and what you want from a diamond. Some people want the biggest diamond money can buy that is well cut with x colour and y clarity within $z. That would be the best thing to set for yourself to help you choose.

420coffee

Rough_Rock
No, the last two are the only ones I'm considering now. 1.33 is D vs2 other 1.417 E vs2 . One is from JA other WF.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There is no right answer, but consider these points:

1) Which stone is more in budget?

2) Which vendor has the setting that is more right for you
-It is easier to get the setting from the same vendor you are getting the stone from.

3) Do you care about having a superideal cut stone or are you content with very well cut ideal cut stone

4) Do you care about upgrading in the future?
-WF will upgrade without having to spend x2 as much as required by JA

5) Is there a noticeable size difference?
-Possibly on direct comparison, but there is only a 4% difference surface area between them, which is not significant, and the 1.417 will not look 'significantly larger' than the 1.33.

420coffee

Rough_Rock
These are some very good points.

1. They are both in my budget.

2.Just buying stone separately. Getting it set in a custom made setting at different place.

3.After reading/ looking so much about diamonds I think I would prefer to getting the more ideal one.

4. Not sure about wanting to upgrade, she says no. But I like the option to do so.

5. It's as you say very minor.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results