shape
carat
color
clarity

Which of the two is a better value?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jill

Rough_Rock
I have been offered 2 different GIA diamonds out of the Whole Sale Jewelry Mart in my town,1st is: 2nd is:
Dimension: 8.74x8.78x5.35 8.57x8.62x5.26
Carat: 2.47 2.34
Depth: 61.1% 61.2%
Table: 58% 56%
Girdle: Thin to Medium Thin to Medium
Culet: None none
Polish: Very Good Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good Excellent
Clarity: vs1 vs2
Color Grade: D E
Flourescent: none none
Price: $28,000 $22,000

I believe they are both very good stones with good prices, and since I like them both I would like to purchase the one with deeper discount, which one has a better price? I would like an opinion from an expert, thanks

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jill,

If diamonds are as represented, both prices are quite reasonable and comparable with iternet prices. I'd say #2 can be a better deal but you'll be safer to verify it with independent appraiser.

moediamond

Rough_Rock
HI Jill,

Although the first one looks very good by the numbers, I am unfamiliar with this stone.
The second one, however, puzzles me.
Stone #2 is currently in Los Angeles.
Since the stone is being offered for $22K, I'd take it.
The cost should be $24K (15% off Rap), which is the industry price being offered by its L.A. diamond dealer.
But the local jeweler is selling it for about 20% off.
:-o If the price quoted to you was correct ($22K)-Go buy that one....

jill

Rough_Rock
What does 15% off rap pricing mean? Are the jewelers making 15% profit profit???

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Jill,

Rapaport Diamond Report® is a wholesale tool and the trade calculates the prices in "% off Rap". Using "Rap" in the retail is not ethical because consumers don’t know how the prices for certain make (cut quality) are calculated off the Rap. You’ll be safer just shopping around and compare your price with diamonds from many vendors listed in the Pricescope database.

Check this out too:

[/u]

Iiro

Shiny_Rock
Hi Moe,

I find the stone you are referring too. Rises some questions. Is the stone on memo? Is it the same stone?

More intersting price difference is 2.40- 2.48 range D VS1
There is two stones and the better is 29% cheaper than the worse. Whats with that?

:)
S

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results