shape
carat
color
clarity

which mockup do you like better??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
The second straight band mockup is much much nicer. In that case, I would like both, but for different people.
1.gif

Since I don''t know what I would prefer on YOU, I''m saying it''s a toss up here.

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for straight! Very pretty. I like the parallel bands.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 8:33:37 PM
Author: NYCsparkle
definately the 2nd one. its really feminine and classy.
Complete ditto
3.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, the second mockup of the straight band is so much prettier.

Initially, I liked the curved: dainty, feminine and highlighted the center stone because it curves up to it and sort of "pointed out" to the stone.

Now that I''ve seen the remade straight band, I think it highlights the center stone in a different way. It says "I''m modern and I''m different" and in a wierd way, sort of makes the diamond look substantial.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 6:07:35 AM
Author: Ellen
OK, your second pic with the straight band looks more appealing, but I still prefer the curved personally.

Gypsy asked a great question though, which one is ''you''?
Ellen and Gypsy, this is a great question. I think in many ways they are both me! I like the curved band because it feels old and delicate, like an heirloom piece or something. I like the straight band one because I think it makes the center stone look larger, it looks kind of like a unique wedding set, and I already like the "look" of my current setting. It also has clean lines.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 11:40:42 AM
Author: Chrono
Wow, the second mockup of the straight band is so much prettier.

Initially, I liked the curved: dainty, feminine and highlighted the center stone because it curves up to it and sort of ''pointed out'' to the stone.

Now that I''ve seen the remade straight band, I think it highlights the center stone in a different way. It says ''I''m modern and I''m different'' and in a wierd way, sort of makes the diamond look substantial.
This is what I was worried about. My first mockup was so terrible compared to Irina''s curved band one, that I thought people might be picking it over the curved one just because it looked bad...if that makes any sense.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I like the revised mockup with the straight bands--for some reason I like the openess--and seems provides more finger coverage and therefore make the ring/stone appear larger.

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsSalvo had a gorgeous ring on and I can''t find the post but it looks like the curved one. Maybe she will chim in; I love the curved one.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 1:43:56 PM
Author: Skippy123
MrsSalvo had a gorgeous ring on and I can''t find the post but it looks like the curved one. Maybe she will chim in; I love the curved one.
It was probably a danielk setting if I remember well. It was gorgeous, but his stuff is too expensive.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 1:24:13 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

I like the revised mockup with the straight bands--for some reason I like the openess--and seems provides more finger coverage and therefore make the ring/stone appear larger.

cheers--Sharon
Sharon, can I just say it''s REALLY hard to take you seriously with that av. LMAO
9.gif

Would this be the pic Skippy speaks of? I just happen to have it....

danielk1blue11.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
pearlmansdanielkcushion1.jpg

Found it after Kcoursolle told me it is a Danielle K.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2007 1:52:31 PM

HI:

cheers--Sharon
Sharon, can I just say it''s REALLY hard to take you seriously with that av. LMAO
9.gif

Ellen,
That picture is just too beautiful to not comment on it.
30.gif
Must be pricey too with diamonds on the prongs. I wonder what''s the size of the centerstone. Blue diamond, you think?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 1:58:41 PM
Author: Chrono

Ellen,
That picture is just too beautiful to not comment on it.
30.gif
Must be pricey too with diamonds on the prongs. I wonder what''s the size of the centerstone. Blue diamond, you think?
Isn''t it drop dead??

As for the stone, not sure what it is, could be. I kept this because I thought it might come in handy for a project like yours, which I hope to do some day.

I have no price or stats, but it''s from Daniel K.....

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the curved one the best. It just looks perfect.

The straight one is cool, but something about it just doesn''t look quite right to me. Maybe I want it to be a square stone since the bands are straight?

Either way, I want you to DISH on this project!
31.gif
Although it is a little bit fun being kept in suspense...

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
ok, now that you have modified the picture, I would say the 2 straight bands. Much better this way!

Especially if you are going to be wearing this ring alone with no wedding band, I kind of think that this 2-banded ering, kinda makes it look like ering and wband. Ya know?

What does your current ering look like?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 7:26:17 PM
Author: kcoursolle

Date: 5/23/2007 7:22:42 PM
Author: neatfreak
Curved. It looks daintier, more expensive, and if you''re making a change from your current one, I figure why not change it a lot!

Are you planning on a new stone? Or just fixing your band?
I''m not telling...nana nana boo boo heehee
27.gif
Sorry ladies! You''ll have to wait until the project is a little further off the ground.

You BRAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.gif

I like the straight bands better with a round stone....just looks better to my eye. Very pretty design- reminds me of Britney''s Spears'' old e-ring...I always loved that setting (can''t stand her, but loved her ring)!!!!
2.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 1:52:31 PM

HI:

cheers--Sharon
9.gif

Ellen, do you have more info on that ring? I LOVE it!
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely prefer the straight!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I prefer the straight with a round stone too..

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the curved. I looks daintier and more feminine to me. I like the look of soft curves.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 3:58:40 PM
Author: Dani

Curved. It looks daintier, more expensive, and if you''re making a change from your current one, I figure why not change it a lot!

27.gif
Sorry ladies! You''ll have to wait until the project is a little further off the ground.

You BRAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.gif
Ditto - that''s pure evil. Did I say I liked the straight? Maybe I meant the curved instead. I''m not telling.
11.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

27.gif
this is the second time you''ve done this kc - you''re no fun at all and so I''m not giving an opinion
3.gif
well except that you already have a ring like the first one! I saw an oval rose cut stone in a setting like that first one and it was gorgeous.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
firegoddess and cehra, you guys make me laugh. I guess I deserve it!!! Don''t worry, it will be worth the wait...and the wait will seem longer for me than for you.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 4:46:11 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Ellen, do you have more info on that ring? I LOVE it!
30.gif
Isn''t it bootiful??! But no, I don''t. It came from Daniel K, that''s all I know, sorry!

lol at cehra and FG!!
9.gif
(she deserved that)

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
curved!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I love them both too. I think your second mock up of straight is more attractive because the stone is not a blur...it actually looks real. So this is like using subliminal advertising...tricky!!!
2.gif

One thing I noticed when looking at the Daniel K. his use of the Ascher stone or is that an emerald? (Oh poo, you know when you are creating a post you can''t review photos...I can''t recall now which stone it is...) anyway the stone is square. Right angles...that split shank is SOOOO perfect with a square stone. As it conforms to the points of the prongs...as in a stopping point where all corners meet.

So when I see the square stone in the curved design...I love it.

Would you consider a mock up using dual prongs on your brilliant stone design? I think the dual prongs on the curved design would lend itself to yet another option-that would be more similar to the Daniel K.

I realize that is not what your intentions were...I just seemed to focus on that once someone posted the Daniel K one.

But throw everything else aside...both are delicious! Sorry to have added some extra thoughts.

DKS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results