shape
carat
color
clarity

which mockup do you like better??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Which mockup do you like better? Straight split shank or curved split shank? The center stone and everything else is supposed to be the same, just ignore those other details and focus on the overall look.

Thanks everyone. I'm leaning one way, but I won't say which because I don't want to influence opinions.

splitshank_straight copyl.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

Splitfor-kcolkjlkj.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Second one is PRETTY
9.gif
I just think it is prettier for some reason.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Curved!
30.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I think I like the straight...but both are just lovely!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Curved!!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oops, I should have added why you like the one that you picked. Would you gals mind elaborating?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Curved. It looks daintier, more expensive, and if you''re making a change from your current one, I figure why not change it a lot!

Are you planning on a new stone? Or just fixing your band?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Curved!

It just flows better IMO, softer look, easy on the eyes.
30.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 7:22:42 PM
Author: neatfreak
Curved. It looks daintier, more expensive, and if you''re making a change from your current one, I figure why not change it a lot!

I''m not telling...nana nana boo boo heehee
27.gif
Sorry ladies! You''ll have to wait until the project is a little further off the ground.

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Curved definitely. Looks designer. Imo, makes the stone look bigger and more "featured" - like the shanks are pointing to your diamond going "look at this look at this
35.gif
!!! its really pretty up here!!!" The straight is pretty too - very modern. But I def like curved better. Will the curved fit with your w-band ok?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 7:26:17 PM
Author: kcoursolle

27.gif
Sorry ladies! You''ll have to wait until the project is a little further off the ground.

Lol. Ok. I can respect that. Can''t wait!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

27.gif
6.gif
You--->
11.gif

9.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 7:28:17 PM
Author: JenniferB
Curved definitely. Looks designer. Imo, makes the stone look bigger and more ''featured'' - like the shanks are pointing to your diamond going ''look at this look at this
35.gif
!!! its really pretty up here!!!'' The straight is pretty too - very modern. But I def like curved better. Will the curved fit with your w-band ok?
"hypothetically"...the ring will be worn alone with the wedding band on the other hand. No worries either way with that.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 7:28:32 PM
Author: Ellen

27.gif
6.gif
You--->
11.gif

9.gif
Aw, be nice to lil ol me heehee. Just kidding, I can take it! I would have dished the same thing!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the curved split shank! I agree it has a softer look and frames the diamond better. It makes the diamond look bigger, which is always a good thing!
9.gif

Can't wait till you share more with us. Meanie.
3.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Curved....I can''t think of any new words that haven''t been used...daintier, softer, more expensive (definitely looks more expensive for some reason).......just prettier..........I liked the first one a lot but when I saw the second one I was like Oooohhhh!!!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 8:20:45 PM
Author: dianne
Curved....I can''t think of any new words that haven''t been used...daintier, softer, more expensive (definitely looks more expensive for some reason).......just prettier..........I liked the first one a lot but when I saw the second one I was like Oooohhhh!!!
36.gif

I so agree with Dianne, she hit the nail on the old head there!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
definately the 2nd one. its really feminine and classy.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Curved for me all the way. It looks high end, as in Daniel K.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Curved, it just looks more pulled/tied together and elegant, if that makes sense?

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I like them both, but I am partial to the 1st one. I only say that because I have seen one like it in person before, and it is WOW. I have never seen one with the curves before.

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
I am putting my vote in for the curved one. I think it is a beautiful cross between the sparkle of a straight split shank and the delicate look of a solitaire, all coming together in a ring that can easily be paired with a band or stand alone and not look lonely!

Nice options though...can''t really go wrong with either!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the curved look, I just like the proportion on your finger best.

oooh or what about straight split shank, but place them closer together, if that makes sense?

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I''m with everyone else....curved.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like both! The straight is more modern to me.. the curved more delicate and feminine.

I don't know... what look is more "you?"

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just in case my bad mockup for the straight bands is influencing anyone, here''s a better mockup of straight bands. It took me a really long time to make this, I really admire Irina''s talents! I''m starting to catch on finally.

dargadgrg copy.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, your second pic with the straight band looks more appealing, but I still prefer the curved personally.

Gypsy asked a great question though, which one is "you"?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While the second straight band pic does look better I still very much prefer the curved. It just looks better to me based on all of the reasons already stated.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Straight.

To me, the curves makes it look like just to many other pieces. Nothing special - meh.

The straight highlights the stone for me more.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results