shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Michael B ring is this (Beowolf''s) ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
Hi Diamond experts!

Ok, so my boyfriend of 3 years has hinted of engagement in the near future. I am thinking it will happen by the end of this year. He''s asked me to send photos of rings I like and well, I have seen lots of beautiful engagement rings in magazines and in the forum, but I think I have found almost exactly what I want.

Ok, so I really love this ring by Michael b. The only thing I don''t like is the square top prongs.

# 1 $2700

18P18.jpg

And this similar ring has the prongs I like, but the band is busier and not as sparkly as the first. I''m so torn over this issue!

# 2 $3200

04P18.jpg

And then to confuse me more I went through the archives here and found this gorgeous photo of the ring beowolf got for his fiance and mentioned it was a Michael B. But I can''t tell from the picture which of the two rings it is! Can someone help me out? Is it ring #1 or #2?

107-0708_IMG.JPG

107-0723_IMG.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock
are you sure #1 and #2 aren't two different views of the same rings? it's hard to tell.

im not sure which ring beowolf has, but to check out michael b stuff you can try:

www.michaelbjewelry.com
www.solomonbrothers.com
www.pearlmansjewelers.com

i LOVE micahel b's settings too--although they are pricey for the carat weight. have you seen stellamarina's ring on the SMTR page? it's similar and reallllly pretty. i think it's the vatche half-pave.

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
I believe that they are two different rings but both from the Michael B "Princess" line. The first one is the princess petite and the other I am assuming is the regular princess?

Thank you for the links - I'll check them all out when I get home. Ring browsing is so much fun! I love the Michael B rings as well!

I haven't seen Stellamarina's ring. Is there a search function or will I have to just browse through all the pages to find hers?

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
twinkletoes-
I definitely agree with you that the two rings you posted are two different rings. I don't know which one beowulfs is though.. I almost think it could be something different..
There is a search function.. up at the top. you can search by author or keyword or whatever.. Stellamarinas in posted in the Show Me the Ring forum.. one of the first few topics right now called "Finally- My e-ring", so you can either search or just go there and look. It is similar, but its a thicker band.. They are all gorgeous of course though!
Melissa

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I like #1. I like the way it sparkles.
3.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
They are 2 different rings, and those pics are from http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com

I believe that beowolf's ring is ring #2. Even so, IMHO I believe that from the top down both rings will look identical.

I have seen ring #2 in person and it is spectacular. If you call Bill Pearlman he will be happy to explain all the differences to you. He explained ring #2 to me as having "step-down" pave. Not sure if that is a true technical term. Essentially, the metal has more cuts in it and in my opinion gives it a beautiful look that is different than all others I have seen. Bill Pearlman himself also has a similar line of rings, and I looked at one of his that is very much like #2 but has pave on the head as well.

If money were no object, I would buy ring #2 and the matching band in a heartbeat. Instead for me, I am going with a set from A. Jaffe. Pictures oftentimes do not do justice to the beauty of so many of these rings. Seeing them all in real life definitely helped in the decision making process for me.

Good luck.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The two versions seem so close... and I bet that they will be much more similar in person than in these super magnified photo. The second ring has a different kind of pave setting with groves cut on the shank rather than metal beads fixed over. And since only the tip of the prongs is different, that detail could likely be modified by the setter.

The ring is not too complicated. Why not have it made exactly how you want on order?

kaya

Rough_Rock
I've seen most of Michael B's collection in person as Im getting a Michael B ring as well. I flew to NYC to view the collection and buy the stone from GOG. But if you are in the New York City area, Michael C Fina (on 5th avenue) carries most of the Michael B line and has at least number 2 ring and the three sided pave as well and a couple of other micro pave rings. One of those is the princess ring. They are stunning and very tiny band (my ring size is 3.5-4). The ring in the dig pic I believe displayed is ring number 2.

You can check these links as well to determine which ring is displayed.

http://www.matthewsjewelry.com
http://www.michaelbjewelry.com

goodluck

laney

Brilliant_Rock
I too think it is number 2

I also second Bill Pearlman (website above)

Check out on his site - the Pearlmans jewelery - they have different heads (as the poster above said) - and I almost like one of his rings a little better than Michael B's.

I too have also had my eye on this exact style. I am debating RIGHT NOW over this and a custom ring by scott kay (modification to an existing style... )

reena

Ideal_Rock
i second what val said--unless price is not an issue, you could always have it made exactly how you want it and probably for less . . . that being said i think that those two settings are among MB's more "reasonable"--i believe that at least the petite runs under $3k (as opposed to the $7-10k his settings normally run).
1.gif
love both of those settings, though.

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
You guys are the greatest! I think I am gravitating towards the 2nd ring, but I will definitely go and take a look at these in person. I know I also have the option of having the ring duplicated, but I'm worried it won't be perfect and I'll end up unhappy. I'm a little anal like that.

I'm going to check out Bill Pearlman's designs right now!

Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results