shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Mahenge pair?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very difficult choice: I have 2 pairs of Mahenges to select from (out of 5) to go with my tsavorite. Colour is almost identical being a saturated hot pink that goes totally neon outdoors. One is 5 mm and the other is nearly 6 mm. The tsavorite is 7 mm.

The pictures were taken this morning when the sun was just coming up so it's not really bright but it'll have to do. Please excuse all the oil smudges and there was so much handling going on, in addition to the fear of dropping these little things. :))

Here is the 5 mm pair.
5%20mm%20Pair%20029.jpg

This is the 6 mm pair.
6%20mm%20Pair%20022.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:shock: :shock: :shock: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky: :love:

Okay, now that I'm past wonderlust, I like the smaller pair. It's more proportional to your cushion.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Smaller pair for me too. What mindblowing colours...! :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The below are pictures with all 5 stones together. Sorry for the blur and lighting glare but it's the best I can do in 5 minutes using a very old P&S camera.

5%20Stone%20031.jpg

5%20Stone%20033.jpg

5%20Stone%20038.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the smaller pair. Looks more proportional to the center stone. Great color combination!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
5 mm

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the proportions with the smaller pair as well. :love:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for the smaller pair too. Beautiful stones!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I like the 5mm pair too.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, I'm not sure what your setting will be like, but if the 3 stones will go straight across, I'd pick the 5mm, but if you plan to have the side stones curve around your finger, you wouldn't be seeing them straight on, and I'd be tempted to go with the 6mm. However, do you feel the tsavorite would still remain prominent enough w/ the larger side stones?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't finalized the details of the design yet, thus I don't know if it'll be a simple 3 stone or have more adornments. In any case, I figured a full hand shot might be helpful?
5%20Stone%20Hand%20034.jpg

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
oh my word. those are fantastic! I LOVE pink and green.

my vote is for the smaller set

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I second VL's comment about the type of mounting would matter to me.

If you're planning on prong setting with minimal metal surrounding the stones, I'd vote for the 5mm trillions. If instead, these stones are going to be bezeled together, kind of like a flat top, more metal visible, I'd choose the 6mm.

Hope that made some type of sense. I never know anymore!

ETA: I forgot to say that I love your color choices. I did somewhat a reverse a while ago with a mahenge center and demantoid sides. My daughter called it my Easter ring because the colors reminded her of spring. Though I love the stones together, I ended up selling it because I didn't like the way the setting looked. And it was a typical three stone, four prong, engraved/embossed white gold mounting.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking purely at finger coverage, the 5mm pair give great width as well as being in proportion to the Tsav. It will be a substantial ring and I'd worry that the 6mm would be overkill and a bit clunky by comparison.

drillsgtsgem

Shiny_Rock
WOW- I think the color combo is GORGEOUS!!! I vote for the smaller pair-I can't wait to see the finished product!!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
How perfect !!!! And perfectly stunning !!!!!

I wish you could use them ALLL !!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
+whatever, I've lost count, on the smaller pair.
Proportion is SO important in so many things.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smaller ones look better.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I don't know anything about colored stones but I LOVE the colors :)

and I think the smaller pair looks better :)

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I've always been different :) I gotta say I like the larger pair. The larger ones fill the space nicely, it's chunkier look that I really like these days. All together they remind me of summer fruit!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for the smaller gems. What a ring this will be, I love that combo!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ladies and gents! The small one it is then and thank you for compliments on the colour combo (although I'm sure those who hate it are too polite to make any mention of their dislike :bigsmile: ). I've also caved in and purchased the larger pair. Perhaps I'll make earrings for them or else save them up for later use as sidestones.

T

talamasca

Firstly :love: loving the colours!!!

I'd go with the 5mm :D

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1308312014|2948251 said:
Thank you ladies and gents! The small one it is then and thank you for compliments on the colour combo (although I'm sure those who hate it are too polite to make any mention of their dislike :bigsmile: ). I've also caved in and purchased the larger pair. Perhaps I'll make earrings for them or else save them up for later use as sidestones.

Ahhhhh, I didn't see that you hadn't purchased them yet !!!
ABSOLUTELY buy them all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To go with that amazing ring-to-be
I am envisioning stunning earrings in high carat gold,
kind of like crasru's spinels, only different !!!!
Or a pendant ~ a Girl's gotta have lots of sparklies, after all :sun:

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I'm a bit late, and I know you already made your decision, but I agree that the smaller mahenge pair look better visually with the tsav. The proportion is much better, it makes a nice contrast without overpowering the cushion.

Just a gorgeous combo, and I can't wait to see this one finished either! :love:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhh, I was all excited !!!!
I want to see MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sun:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Definitely buy them!! Earrings w/that ring would be I-can't-describe-it. I'm adding my drool to everyone else's on the color combination as well as the stones. THAT'S the tsavorite I'm dying for!

--- Laurie

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Maybe you should make a complete parure :naughty:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like I have almost enough stones to make a parure of Mahenge trillions, don't I? Let's see, what else do I need? I have the ring and earrings set to go...just need a necklace/pendant and perhaps a brooch... Do I need tsavorites for the set too? :devil:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results