shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Loose Diamond is Better

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, you would need to request an idealscope on the GIA stone. If it looks good, I'd take that one. But you can't know if it has leakage unless you see the idealscope. Is the IF clarity important to you? Because you could easily go up one color and down to VVS2 or VS1 and not be able to see any inclusions with a 10x loupe.

gshan

Rough_Rock
Hi Diamondseeker2006, thanks for the suggestion. What do you think of the idealscope of the AGS diamond?

yrrp3738

Shiny_Rock
Agree with DS. Such a waste on IF with low color "I". I will choose at least G/H and go down to VS level.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Either look good, but request an IS image of the GIA stone to be sure.

I don't see the appeal of an I/IF stone personally, you could go bigger or higher in color and not really sacfirice clarity in terms of real visual performance, but that is your choice!

gshan

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for responding :D !!! I requested an idealscope for the GIA diamond so I'll be posting it and making my decision soon. I don't know why clarity is so important to me. Maybe because my previous one had a feather and it bothered the heck out of me knowing it was there. Then the worst thing I could ever imagine happened, I LOST it.

Looking at the the Computer Generated Light Performance on the AGS report for Diamond 2, should I be concern that there's less contrast because some of the blue arrows are not showing?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto - IS will tell us more about #1

gshan|1305243594|2920112 said:
Looking at the the Computer Generated Light Performance on the AGS report for Diamond 2, should I be concern that there's less contrast because some of the blue arrows are not showing?

The problem w/ using these simulation images as failsafes is that we don't know about scanning error, etc. The actual IS pic JA has posted is good confirmation as we don't have to worry about programming and mechanical error, though sometimes (not in this case) we have photography concerns :cheeky: In any case, looking at both pics, it looks like it'll be a pretty stone IRL - esp. since you'll be looking at it with two eyes.

gshan

Rough_Rock
I made my final decision and bought diamond #1. I received the diamond 3 days ago and it looks beautiful. I was skeptical about purchasing online, but I'm so glad I did. Thanks everyone for your input :D :D

1324810id[1].JPG

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats :bigsmile:
I'll toss in a belated "IS looks nice" ::)

gshan

Rough_Rock
This picture is long overdue, but I thought I'd share it with you all. I want to thank everyone for their input and advice. When I first bought this diamond over a year ago, I was content with it. Now my eyes have become more color sensitive and I can see a yellow tint. This was expected and I hope to someday be able to upgrade to D. I also recently became a fan of cushion cut. It's a gorgeous cut and I wish I knew more about it before buying this one.

After purchasing my engagement ring from James Allen, I also ordered an eternity wedding band from them. It has become an addiction shopping online for jewelery. At first I wasn't comfortable shopping online because for me it was big purchase. I wasn't sure if the website was legitimate. I didn't know if what I ordered will be what the website say it was until it arrived at my door. Reading other people's reviews, researching and being part of this forum really helped. I will probably never step into a retail jewelery store again.

ring_30.jpg

mimi123

Rough_Rock
You've been initiated to the world of PS where we get diamond edumacated and chances are, what we start out with doesn't stay with us forever ;))
My original engagement diamond has made a couple of transitions and is now part of a pair of earrings.
I refuse to buy any jewelery in a retail outlet when I know I can do so much better online. In the long run, we'll be putting them all out of business and have nowhere else to buy BUT online - and change marches on........

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
100% agree with Mimi! It's hard not to get 'the bug' around here...we see more....learn more....want more! ;)) Your experience is actually quite similar to mine. When I first joined PS I purchased a 1 ct I VVS1 asscher, and within a year of participating on the boards I came to realize that it wasn't quite what I wanted and decided that I really craved a classic MRB. Another year later and I've gone from wanting an OEC, an AC, a three stone, a five stone, a halo, an oval, a FLY,2cts, back to 1.5cts, a glorious RHR, stackers, DBTY....the list goes on and on. lol Unfortunately my bank accounts doesn't. ;(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results