shape
carat
color
clarity

Which LOGR setting would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I''ve got a black diamond 4.10ct pear cut. I''m not normally a fan of black diamonds (in fact I''ve never seen one before that I liked) and then this came along! IRL it''s almost gunmetal colour.

Here''s my problem, this stone is VERY deep. Dimensions are 11.27 x 7.96 x 5.25. So my question is which one of these LOGR settings do you think would suit it best (and accommodate it''s big bottom!)?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to mention, I will upgrade to VS whichever I get for this one!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Number 2 or 3. What dimensions?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the middle one assuming that the bar underneath can accomodate your stone. Have you emailed to ask LOGR how deep a stone could be and still fit?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I like the middle one

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2008 6:53:26 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Number 2 or 3. What dimensions?
Dimensions are 11.27 x 7.96 x 5.25

Neatfreak - I''m going to ask LOGR to adjust whichever setting I chose to accommodate the central gemstone. They did this for me with my Umbalite Garnet and did a great job.

However, my concern about number 3 is that the design of the setting isn''t deep enough and sits very low on the hand so I suspect it''ll be difficult to alter that. Settings 1 and 2 look deeper but that''s a pure guess.

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
I would go with #2. It will look great. I have wanted to get a black diamond as well!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the first setting the best because the other two look like they have the teeny tiny mellee he typically uses. I think the large frame of diamonds in the first setting surrounding the blackness of the diamond would be more stunning. JMO.

Oh and for some ideas, here's the famous Amersterdam black diamond pear surrounded by large white diamonds.

amsterdam.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 10:26:12 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I really like the first setting the best because the other two look like they have the teeny tiny mellee he typically uses. I think the large frame of diamonds in the first setting surrounding the blackness of the diamond would be more stunning. JMO.

Oh and for some ideas, here''s the famous Amersterdam black diamond pear surrounded by large white diamonds.
In my too! Why not have a sparkle overload if you don''t have a vibrant color of the center stone. Middle one seems a bit plain to me, and the third one a bit too romantic for a black diamond, so I''d go for the elegance of the first one.

But be careful, some people get carried away with black diamonds:

Spirit of de Grisogono ring

9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, I love the Spirit of de Grisogono ring. I have a picture of it on my computer!! It also doubles as a deadly weapon!
emotion-5.gif

Black diamonds can be very beautiful - especially when set next to ice white ones!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I love the middle one. Please post pictures when you set it. I have never seen a black diamond before.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
I love #2 best! Can''t wait to see which one you choose!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Originally I like the 3rd one...but as I looked more at the 2nd one, the undergallery just speaks to me!!

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
#2 is really modern and sleek. Seems fitting for your black diamond, which by the way, is totally gorg. =)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I can understand the appeal for the second one, but if you haven''t seen an LOGR in person, the diamonds look much bigger in the picture than in real life. Therefore, you need to take that into account.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thye second one looks like it''s the deepest. It''s really pretty too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results