shape
carat
color
clarity

Which is your favorite nut, cashew, pistachio, or macadamia?

Which is your favorite nut?

• Cashew

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Pistachio

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Macadamia

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If other, what is it?

Also, do you prefer, Roasted/Raw, Salted/Lightly, Salted or Unsalted?

Bibi and I have the same fav, pistachio, raw, unshelled, unsalted. :kiss2:

(Actually, Bibi's never been offered salted nuts.)

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
for baking i like peacans as they are really easy to chop but they have such a high oil content i have to keep them in the freezer

i probably like pistatashos the best but they are too hard to shell, i always end up with shell in my mouth trying to break a tooth

in chocolate (the best way to eat nuts) i love macadamias but they are so expensive
so i settle for almonds but i feel guilty because almonds are bad for the enviroment needing so much water to grow
1716790925408.png

so i guess cashews but they are also problamatic as there are health risks involved in the harvesting and initial proccesing often in developing countries

with salt or other flavoring, they are Gary's favorites so i buy these the most
1716791173752.png
a walnut straight off the ground (they are ripe once they drop) was unexpextadly great ! it was the freshness

i guess im voting macadamia

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Pistachio, unshelled, lightly salted.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pistachio, unshelled, unsalted. I love nuts in general and pistachio is my #1
Cashews are my number two favorite

I juts asked my dh what his favorite nut is and he said without skipping a beat..."you"

:lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of the ones you posted, pistachio is my favorite but I mostly eat almonds. I put sliced almonds on my salad for lunch and eat
lightly salted for snacks. Nuts are so good for you.

I really dislike cashews. They have some sort of sweet flavor that I don't care for.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At our house pecans, almonds, and walnuts are every day staples.
I buy them raw & unsalted in 3 pound bags at Costco, then roast them myself.
When I leave the house I always carry a bottle of our RO water and some nuts.
I never buy a drink or snack when I'm out and about.

The three fancy nuts in this poll are very occasional spurges.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I juts asked my dh what his favorite nut is and he said without skipping a beat..."you"

LOL.
So @missy , ask your dh whether you are:
Salty or unsalted?
Raw or roasted?
And are you in your shell, or unshelled?
:bigsmile:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL.
So @missy , ask your dh whether you are:
Salty or unsalted?
Raw or roasted?
And are you in your shell, or unshelled?
:bigsmile:

That’s easy

Raw, out of the shell and very salty

;-)

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite nut is raw walnut, followed closely by roasted/lightly salted almonds.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I avoid all nuts (don’t care for them at all, especially the human variety :lol:), though I used to eat red pistachios with my dad when I was a kid. :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are red pistachios dyed, or is there a naturally red variety?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like shelled cashews, lightly salted. Second choice would be pistachios.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Macadamia for a splurge. Pecans, almonds, and walnuts for baking or occasional snacking. Peanuts for regular snacking. Roasted, unsalted.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone like boiled peanuts? Yummy! I've had them since I was a kid so I think they're good but I can see how
someone trying them for the first time might not like them.

Reactions: caf

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I avoid all nuts (don’t care for them at all, especially the human variety :lol:), though I used to eat red pistachios with my dad when I was a kid. :)

THIS. I eat almonds every day - lots of them. I also love hazelnuts. Both unsalted.

If it's only a choice between the ones Kenny listed, I'd say Macs but only when in Hawaii and they're fresh. Other than that, I love pistachios and cashews equally, either lightly salted or unsalted.

Am I the only one that thought of THIS when glancing at the title of this thread?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone like boiled peanuts? Yummy! I've had them since I was a kid so I think they're good but I can see how
someone trying them for the first time might not like them.

When I was a kid, my friends father always had them and I used to love them. I haven't had them since that time though. That was in Florida. I don't think I've ever seen them in New England but haven't looked.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently acquired a nut sensitivity. Yay me. I used to eat all kinds. I guess I miss peanuts and pistachios. I can manage a small amount of walnuts in a recipe, but that's about it now.

winetime12

Shiny_Rock
I keep a bag of unsalted roasted cashews in my freezer at all times!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roasted and salted pistachios in their shells are my favourite.

In the past few years, I had made roasted nuts and seeds mix to give away as part of my festive goodies bags in December.

The mix had cashew, almond, pecan, hazelnut, peanuts and pumpkin seeds, with the last 2 forming the bulk.

Last December I ordered 13kg of nuts and seeds.

I roasted the nuts and seeds at 180degC, fan assisted, for about 30min, turning half way.

Once cooled, I mixed the nuts and seeds before flavouring them with a slurry mix of Chinese 5-spice powder, toasted sesame seed oil, salt, garlic powder, ground pepper and a touch of Cayenne pepper.

Portion into bags before sealing them using a vacuum sealer.

I shall do the same this year as requests have already been received!

DK :))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love them all. Cannot choose. I also love fresh walnuts but they are difficult to come by. Almonds have always been a staple in the house. Peanuts least fav but my DH loves them so they are always available on the counter.

cheers--Sharon

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I eat lots of pepitas too...I guess those are seeds but I eat them like nuts. Anyone else eat those? I think they are supposed to be
full of magnesium.

Pumpkin seeds are rich in antioxidants, healthy fats, and minerals. Possible benefits of eating pumpkin seeds include boosting bone health, sexual wellbeing:cheeky:, and the immune system.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all kinds of nuts. We have an assortment in the house all the time.

My favorites are raw unsalted pecans and raw unsalted almonds.
I also like roasted unsalted peanuts in the shell as a snack. Shelling them is half the fun.

Hazelnuts-- raw, in shell-- I buy in November. I also love roasted hazelnuts in chocolate but eat that much less often (carbs).
I always add salted cashews to my tofu stir fry with peppers, onions, okra and ginger.
I love to add walnuts to brownies, chocolate fudge and chocolate chip cookies. But I don't make any of those often (carbs, again.) And my daughter prefers them without nuts. So.

Roasted salted macadamias are also nice but I don't have them on hand all the time. I'll buy them occasionally, usually at BJ's.
I keep shelled roasted salted pistachios on hand mostly for hubby and daughter. I eat them occasionally.

The only nut I don't like is a rancid one. A rancid Brazil nut is especially dreadful. :eek2:
I never buy salted roasted mixed nuts. Too many peanuts, too much salt, and the horrid rancid Brazil nuts.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all kinds of nuts. We have an assortment in the house all the time.

My favorites are raw unsalted pecans and raw unsalted almonds.
I also like roasted unsalted peanuts in the shell as a snack. Shelling them is half the fun.

Hazelnuts-- raw, in shell-- I buy in November. I also love roasted hazelnuts in chocolate but eat that much less often (carbs).
I always add salted cashews to my tofu stir fry with peppers, onions, okra and ginger.
I love to add walnuts to brownies, chocolate fudge and chocolate chip cookies. But I don't make any of those often (carbs, again.) And my daughter prefers them without nuts. So.

Roasted salted macadamias are also nice but I don't have them on hand all the time. I'll buy them occasionally, usually at BJ's.
I keep shelled roasted salted pistachios on hand mostly for hubby and daughter. I eat them occasionally.

The only nut I don't like is a rancid one. A rancid Brazil nut is especially dreadful. :eek2:
I never buy salted roasted mixed nuts. Too many peanuts, too much salt, and the horrid rancid Brazil nuts.

Same with walnuts--rancid is gross. I recall cracking the whole nuts as kids--and eating them. Mom was very careful about choosing whole (shell) products (pecans, walnuts, hazlenuts, etc) and she was always spot on. Now you can't find fresh whole nuts . Well at least now where I live. Shelled stuff in packages is often stale.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
My favourite of the three is cashew. Pistachios are too much trouble - I never seem to find shelled pistachios in my local grocery store. The shelled ones caused my fingernails to chip, but that’s a subject for another post…

I like macadamias, but not often available in my area.

When I was a kid, the city public transport buses used to have ads and information on posters where the wall of the bus met the (curved) ceiling. One that I remember:

“Peanuts are not nuts, they are beans”

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... The shelled ones caused my fingernails to chip ...

Yeah that's the only downside of pistachios, well, except for :$$)::$$)::$$):.

Breaking a nail is sometimes considered a women's concern, but I share it.
I fingerpick on guitar.
To get a wide range of tone I carefully maintain and shape my nails.
So besides controling the volume I also control tone.
It can vary from from warm to crisp by adjusting the how much skin and/or nail touches the string - but only if all five nails are shaped just right.

I won't buy shelled pistachios shelled because I find something satisfying about working for the treat.
I set aside nuts playing hard to get.
Later I pull out the big guns, and prevail. :dance:

6.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favourite of the three is cashew. Pistachios are too much trouble - I never seem to find shelled pistachios in my local grocery store. The shelled ones caused my fingernails to chip, but that’s a subject for another post…

I like macadamias, but not often available in my area.

When I was a kid, the city public transport buses used to have ads and information on posters where the wall of the bus met the (curved) ceiling. One that I remember:

“Peanuts are not nuts, they are beans”

I don't worry about fingernails as much as my teeth! Have you tried an organic store for the shelled product? My sister makes pesto with pistachios since pine nuts are almost cost prohibitive.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I eat lots of pepitas too...I guess those are seeds but I eat them like nuts. Anyone else eat those? I think they are supposed to be
full of magnesium.

Pumpkin seeds are rich in antioxidants, healthy fats, and minerals. Possible benefits of eating pumpkin seeds include boosting bone health, sexual wellbeing:cheeky:, and the immune system.

I played baseball so there was always pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds at the bench. Maybe that is why all the girls had boyfriends!:lol-2::devil::cheeky:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Macadamias, Brazil and almond. Roasted and lightly salted. MmmMMM!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, yes-- my family loves pepitas (roasted, salted). I like them but maybe a bit less than my DH and DD do.

I buy raw unsalred sunflower seeds in bulk. My DD puts them on her cereal and I put them on my salads, yogurt (along with ground flaxseed) and I add 1/3 up to every loaf of whole wheat bread I make.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Have you tried an organic store for the shelled product? My sister makes pesto with pistachios since pine nuts are almost cost prohibitive.
I never even thought of it. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results