shape
carat
color
clarity

Which is the most "fiery" ideal cut brand?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Hi!
My name is Stephan, I live in Belgium, and I''m about to buy a 1.50-1.99 diamond, I-J, VVS or VS1.
Which brand has the best FIRE (not light return)?
ACA, 8*, Aglaia or Superbcert?
Can I find such a stone in Belgium?
Thank you!

PS: Please, excuse my bad English!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally I was not impressed by 8* diamonds that I saw in person against an 'ideal' Tolowsky cut stone. But others have purchased them and been very happy.

Lugus recently purchased what I think was ACA or a SuperbCert stone and from the picture he just posted that Barry took...I was blown away...it is one of the best pictures of a stone I have seen on here. I've attached the picture here for you to view...I think it looks pretty darn fiery. I havent seen ACA or SC stones in person though--just through pictures.

I was reading the IdealScope website Trade Only area recently and there was a page on what causes white light vs fire vs scintillation. If I am not mistaken, I recall that slightly thicker arrows case more fire in the stone? But you don't want them too thick as then there would be too much black and not enough red to reflect back the brilliance. So really you need a *balance* between the black and red, and something like the 8* or the ACA with their nearly perfect IS images seem like the best balance. At WhiteFlash.Com they have ACA stones with their IS images and there is almost no white to be found in these babies, truly impressive.

Or you can look for a stone whose dimensions and angles when plugged into the HCA return an excellent score for a 'Fiery Ideal Cut' which I believe are stones with slightly smaller tables and slightly larger depths while still keeping the angles within the 'ideal' range. In my searches for stones online and even when I plug them in for fun, I have only found 2-3 FIC stones, the rest are mostly TIC with a few BIC thrown in. So to look for a FIC specifically may be a little tough.

Maybe others can post who just purchased 'super ideal' branded stones with their thoughts on how their stone performs with light return vs fire. Also, you may want to check out GoodOldGold.Com where Jonathan has many H&A stones that perform exceedingly well on the BScope, and look for a stone that has a little less White Light return and more Colored Light Return...as there can be a tradeoff at times.

Lugus 1.73 E VS1 gorgeous diamond.gif

barry

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the compliment on our SuperbCert
digital photo's. I agree. Our photog does a fantastic
job.

Barry
www.superbcert.com

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
Hey, that's my baby!
1.gif

The stone is super fiery and brilliant in person. It was a superbcert from Barry at www.superbcert.com. The brilliance scope results had fire at the far right of the bar.

If I sound like a fan, it's because I am.

stevecas

Rough_Rock
That's a sweet gem! I noticed that Abazias sells SuperbCert diamonds, did you buy through them?? If so, what was it like doing business with them?

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
Bought straight from the source - Barry, at www.superbcert.com (as noted in my previous post :razz:)

It's even better looking in person

stevecas

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I checked SuperbCert's site, but they did not have a diamond that matched my criteria. I did a search on Abazias in this forum and found some useful info. I'll be giving them a call very soon.

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
another one to try is Jonathan at www.goodoldgold.com

He was my second choice, the deciding factor being size alone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results