shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Is The Best Among These 3 AGS Round Diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladyl

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone! I need some of your expert advice on these 3 diamonds... Which do you think would look the most sparkly, brilliant and big...? Thanks in advance!
1.gif

Diamond 1

Diamond 2

Diamond 3

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good grief! All of them are gorgeous. Even with all 3 lined up together, I don''t think I''ll be able to pick one, so I''ll probably get the largest one.
11.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are all gorgeous. The difference in size will not be noticable, so I''d go for #1, which is the cheapest.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
the 1st one; there won''t be much difference in the size. Congrats!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I'd definitely go number two. It's the biggest diameter, not much more expensive than number 1 and it's a VS1. Definitely better value than number 3 which faces up smaller and is more expensive.

Edited to add: Love your avi!

ladyl

Rough_Rock
Thanks Everyone!!
Now at least I know it's down to 2: Diamond1 & Diamond2! I was looking at their Idealscope images and realised that Daimond1's IS image looked similar to Diamond3's whereas Diamond2's IS image looked a bit different so I guess the performence of the 2 diamonds would be different? Or am I wrong? Here's what I mean Diamond2...

ladyl2.jpg

ladyl

Rough_Rock
Here''s Diamond1...

ladyl0.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I really like the IS of diamond 2. There''s a lot of red, very little white and the black is all in the right places.

ladyl

Rough_Rock
I think with not much white around the edges... Less leakage... Will look bigger...
31.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2007 8:49:52 AM
Author: ladyl
I think with not much white around the edges... Less leakage... Will look bigger...
31.gif
It''s a very slightly different look IRL (I''ve never seen one). If you search on here for New Line (which the second one is) vs. Classic Line you should get enough info for your head to spin. Or, you can just not go there and pick the one you like, they''ll both be beautiful.
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/25/2007 5:04:19 PM
Author: angeline
I'd definitely go number two. It's the biggest diameter, not much more expensive than number 1 and it's a VS1. Definitely better value than number 3 which faces up smaller and is more expensive.

Angeline, this is not correct. Number 1 is 7.39-7.41mm and Number 3 is 7.52-7.58mm. I'd certainly take number 3!!!! It is larger than number 1 and is an ACA. My stone at 1.63 is close to the size of #3 and I think it does appear slightly larger than a 1.5. But I'd certainly go with #1 if money was an issue. I think if you are spending that much, I'd certainly go with one of the ACA's.

ladyl

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/26/2007 9:39:02 AM
Author: Ellen
Date: 7/26/2007 8:49:52 AM

31.gif
It''s a very slightly different look IRL (I''ve never seen one). If you search on here for New Line (which the second one is) vs. Classic Line you should get enough info for your head to spin. Or, you can just not go there and pick the one you like, they''ll both be beautiful.
9.gif
Yup! I know what you mean. I''m beyond head spin... I never knew buying diamonds was so technical... plus I''ve been going crazy deciding which shape I wanted let alone the tech details of each shape! I started out wanting a cushion, then changed my mind and wanted oval, then went on to round, then back to cushion, then now to round H&A/ACA
32.gif

All thanks to all the gorgeous pics of all the available shapes appearing in magazines and websites, shops etc! Everytime I look at them I just want them all!
3.gif

I really admire those who know what they want from the start!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
# 2 definately gets my vote. Gorgeous IS and biggest diameter!!!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2007 10:51:21 AM

Yup! I know what you mean. I''m beyond head spin... I never knew buying diamonds was so technical... plus I''ve been going crazy deciding which shape I wanted let alone the tech details of each shape! I started out wanting a cushion, then changed my mind and wanted oval, then went on to round, then back to cushion, then now to round H&A/ACA
32.gif

All thanks to all the gorgeous pics of all the available shapes appearing in magazines and websites, shops etc! Everytime I look at them I just want them all!
3.gif

I really admire those who know what they want from the start!
I know, sometimes I think ignorance really IS bliss. But then I look at my ring and think, nahhh.
9.gif

And don''t feel bad, I was all over the place in the beginning too.
2.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2007 10:37:12 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006

I''d definitely go number two. It''s the biggest diameter, not much more expensive than number 1 and it''s a VS1. Definitely better value than number 3 which faces up smaller and is more expensive.

Angeline, this is not correct. Number 1 is 7.39-7.41mm and Number 3 is 7.52-7.58mm. I''d certainly take number 3!!!! It is larger than number 1 and is an ACA. My stone at 1.63 is close to the size of #3 and I think it does appear slightly larger than a 1.5. But I''d certainly go with #1 if money was an issue. I think if you are spending that much, I''d certainly go with one of the ACA''s.

Actually DS I was comparing #2 and #3, not #1 and #3.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/26/2007 12:38:22 PM

I''d definitely go number two. It''s the biggest diameter, not much more expensive than number 1 and it''s a VS1. Definitely better value than number 3 which faces up smaller and is more expensive.

Angeline, this is not correct. Number 1 is 7.39-7.41mm and Number 3 is 7.52-7.58mm. I''d certainly take number 3!!!! It is larger than number 1 and is an ACA. My stone at 1.63 is close to the size of #3 and I think it does appear slightly larger than a 1.5. But I''d certainly go with #1 if money was an issue. I think if you are spending that much, I''d certainly go with one of the ACA''s.

Sorry, Angeline! The previous sentence had mentioned number 1 last, so I wasn''t clear on which one you were comparing it to.

I think the key to this is whether the differences in price are the issue. Brian Gavin obviously rated #1 and #3 above the other two since they got the ACA brand and #2 did not. If she wants the largest and best quality diamond, I would say that it is obviously #3. If she wants the lowest price, then I''d go with #1, still an ACA. The ACA''s get 5% discount and the expert selection stone only gets around 2.5-3% discount.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2007 12:56:03 PM
Date: 7/26/2007 12:38:22 PM

Sorry, Angeline! The previous sentence had mentioned number 1 last, so I wasn''t clear on which one you were comparing it to.

I think the key to this is whether the differences in price are the issue. Brian Gavin obviously rated #1 and #3 above the other two since they got the ACA brand and #2 did not. If she wants the largest and best quality diamond, I would say that it is obviously #3. If she wants the lowest price, then I''d go with #1, still an ACA. The ACA''s get 5% discount and the expert selection stone only gets around 2.5-3% discount.

No worries, I was not clear at all!

a

ladyl

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/26/2007 12:56:03 PM
Really?? Is there a 5% discount on ACA''s diamonds??
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results