shape
carat
color
clarity

Which is more visibly appealing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kimber

Rough_Rock
To the naked eye, which of the below 1.5 carat Ideal Cut Round diamonds would be more visually appealing?

D Color
SI1 Clarity

vs.

G Color
VVS2 Clarity

NewlyEngaged

Shiny_Rock
Hey Kimber... Just bought a 1.00 carat, G, VVS2 Princess cut today as a matter of fact. Excellent cut. Compared it to a 1.00 E color, VS2 and the G won hands down. However, it really had a lot to do with the cut. The E was not nearly as good a cut as the G, not as good a symmetry or cut. So if it is a very well cut G and a poorly cut D, the G may look better; and vice versa.

If they are both of equal cut quality, you have to go with your gut and decide which speaks to you more.

Just my two cents. Good luck.
rolleyes.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a good two cents.

Those two color/clarity combinations can both be equally as gorgeous, if combined with very good or ideal cuts.

Even though most SI1's should be eyeclean stones, I think I might be tempted to go for the VVS stone for that "loupe cleanness".

With all other factors being equal, the G/VVS2 should run about 10-15% more than the D/SI1, which is a monetary indicator of it's greater desireability on the open market.

But, (switching in midstream), if the SI1 is truly eyeclean, the appearance to the eye is going to be whiter, and the effect on the pocketbook lighter.

Where's a coin I can flip...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results