shape
carat
color
clarity

which IS image do you like better?

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
Which idealscope image do you prefer and why? Anyone feel free to give your opinion. Thank you for your input!

1370607id.jpg

image004.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both fine - clear enough to get the info you want.

I recall you had JA vet the bottom - did you decide not to go forward?

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
I will most likely go with the JA one, but another vendor sent this one to me today. I am deciding tomorrow. THanks for your response, Yssie.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NP.. the top pic is sufficient to get the general idea, but you aren't going to have any luck trying to coax nuances from it like you would w/ GOG's diamx setup, for example.

Can you get more pics - regular pic? And report/report number and exact ct wt?

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
the first one:
GIA 2131164785

the second:
GIA 2105969473

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
sorry, the carat weights are 1.10 for the first and 1.20 for the second.

here's a youtube video of the first one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3CBaaGxtUg

I hope I am allowed to link that. THe second one can be found at JA with the id number 1370607.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, nothing surprising w/ either one, however will you choose? 8)

Is the UD clean to your specifications, whatever they are (from 6" face up, 12", from the sides..)? And does one vendor have the setting you prefer, or more generous return/trade/upgrade/.. policies you think you might take advantage of down the line?

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
I have no idea, the smaller one is so clean while the bigger one is well, bigger, haha. What's your personal thought? Thanks for making me feel better in knowing that I wont be going completely wrong with either.

THe second one does have a noticeable cloud at six as you can see, but JA told me they could cover it with a prong. JA has the better return policy, it's free. THe price of the second one is also 160$ cheaper...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kalrik|1306276267|2929424 said:
I have no idea, the smaller one is so clean while the bigger one is well, bigger, haha. What's your personal thought? Thanks for making me feel better in knowing that I wont be going completely wrong with either.

THe second one does have a noticeable cloud at six as you can see, but JA told me they could cover it with a prong. JA has the better return policy, it's free. THe price of the second one is also 160$ cheaper...

Sounds like you have confirmed that the UD is clean? Yeah - I recognised the JA IS from your other thread. I think I said there that it's a great inclusion to have - if not, I'll say it here ;)) the feather is listed as the grade-making inclusion on the report (most severe), if they can put that under a prong so you never see it IRL you've got an "apparent" super louper of a stone for a fantastic SI1 price! So that's my pick - the fact that it's just a tad cheaper is icing.

JA's upgrade policy requires you to spend double, not sure if UD has one - didn't find any info on a quick look through the site, anyway..

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
Yes it's decided, thanks for your help. It's always nice to have someone else's opinion on such a big purchase!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to pics! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results