shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Idealscope image looks most appealing to you?

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
Oh i need to borrow your eagle eyes once again~ i'm trading in my ACA princess 1.02 H vs2 to get a RB instead, but I almost have no budget, so I'm getting an IJK to set in yellow gold solitaire. I narrowed down to 4 ACAs, the one with the all-over-red Idealscope image has slightly shorter LGF (75%) than I prefer (i love 78%, magic number to me), the biggest one (1.3 K vs2) I like best from the number, looks like to leak a tiny little but under the table. So I'd love to hear your opinion, which one would you pick if you were me? Thank you very much!!

_33639.jpg

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
2nd one

_33640.jpg

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
3rd one

_33641.jpg

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
last one

_33642.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO, you are overthinking this. All these asets are good and I dont think you could pick one over the other from the aset. I think
your best bet would be to tell Whiteflash the ones you are interested in and let them view them and tell you what they
see/think. Do you know if you are ok with a K color? Hopefully they can tell you if its a low K or a high K.

My opinion...talk to Whiteflash. At this point I think they can give you more information then we can.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
Good advice from tyty333.

There's also conflicting info on setting lower color stones with yellow or rose gold. Some say they'll help subdue the color while other say the diamond reflects the color of the setting making it look more tinted. In my limited experience I find the latter to be more true at least for modern RBC. OEC with broader facets seem to tolerate tint more and thus are better for rose/yellow gold if the diamond is of lower color.

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
Thank you tyty333 & solgen for your suggestions. I reached out to WF and they are very helpful to provide me side-by-side picture both face-up and side view. hmmm, somehow, the K looks whiter than the J? am I fooled by my eyes? They do state "K looks noticably larger and warmer" though...

sbs_7.jpg

tray_5.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think all look gorgeous but prefer the K or 1.09 ct J.

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
thecat|1440737311|3920212 said:

Yes, I also narrowed down to these 2 as well, K is $1123 more than the 1.09J

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
babydoll_mini|1440741272|3920218 said:
thecat|1440737311|3920212 said:

Yes, I also narrowed down to these 2 as well, K is $1123 more than the 1.09J

$1123 is worth it for the size but WF did say it's warmer. But they look the same face up though. It really boils down to how color sensitive you are.

craiguk

Rough_Rock
I don't know what your budget is but have you consider going down to an SI1 whilst going up to an H colour?

They have some great eye clean SI1's but they appear to be disappearing fairly quickly.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That J right next to the K looks like it has more body color than the K. Hmmm, I'd be tempted to go with the K but I'm not
color sensitive. It looks beautiful face up.

What are the angles on the K? Just wanting to make sure it's not sacrificing fire for brightness (I doubt it is though).

Edit - I see you are trading in an H princess...do you think you are ok with these lower colors?

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
craiguk|1440761490|3920263 said:
I don't know what your budget is but have you consider going down to an SI1 whilst going up to an H colour?

They have some great eye clean SI1's but they appear to be disappearing fairly quickly.

Yes, I am open to SI1, but for the available SI1, they are not good enough for my mind when I look at the picture or video. And even going down to SI1 doesn't get me an H, H is just sold out so quickly I guess

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
tyty333|1440763915|3920272 said:
That J right next to the K looks like it has more body color than the K. Hmmm, I'd be tempted to go with the K but I'm not
color sensitive. It looks beautiful face up.

What are the angles on the K? Just wanting to make sure it's not sacrificing fire for brightness (I doubt it is though).

Edit - I see you are trading in an H princess...do you think you are ok with these lower colors?

Yes, that is what I saw too! J is even more tinted than K. I asked WF for further comparison between these 2.

the K's angle is D61.2 T55.6 CA34.8 PA40.7 50/78

could the slight leakage be caused by the CA?

I don't like my H ACA princess for 2 reasons 1) princess is not as brilliant as RB 2) color concentrates near the edges on a princess, and it looks so much more tinted than H RB. I think for a low-color RB where the color is more evenly distributed and more brilliant, I PROBABLY should be ok. At least I'm totally fine with my I-J zircon ring :p

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results