shape
carat
color
clarity

Which has better cut & arrows (fat vs skinny)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 2:34:09 PM
Author: strmrdr
they are close enough that some people might see a difference in personality.
Based on that my personal pick is the first one based on cut but color/clarity/price could overrule that preference.
strmrdr (or karl :razz:), what about the cut makes the first one preferable? please provide your opinion given the color/clarity/price too which i''ve posted. Thanks!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 5:07:29 PM
Author: silverbuggy
Date: 3/4/2009 2:34:09 PM

they are close enough that some people might see a difference in personality.

Based on that my personal pick is the first one based on cut but color/clarity/price could overrule that preference.

strmrdr (or karl :razz:), what about the cut makes the first one preferable? please provide your opinion given the color/clarity/price too which i''ve posted. Thanks!!
personal preference in personality.
I would save the $700+ with A and put it towards the setting.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 3:54:58 PM
Date: 3/4/2009 3:28:30 PM

Author: SYC

Just based on the C/P angles, the proportions of diamond B look like they are spot on with the angles Whiteflash uses for its ACAs. So this could be an especially nice combo. I''m not familiar with the 34/41 combo, except I can say that mine is a 34/40.8 from BN (also a D, VS1, signature ideal), and I will say its extremely sparkly, esp. in pinpoint lighting. There''s a lot of white light coming out of it. But I believe it could be leaning a little towards the shallow/bright side rather than the more fiery side. So as a matter of personality, I think the 2 diamonds you posted could demonstrate different personalities.

Inviting all experts to correct any of the above if not correct!

I looked at the whiteflash ACA standards here:

https://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds_info/t/all_about.aspx?articleid=299&zoneid=21

B seems to fit everything except for the lower half % since 75% falls out of the 76-80% range.

A fits everything but the pavilion angle because 41.0 falls out of the 40.6-40.9 range.

No ideal. :|

Can someone explain what the personality difference might be between A with 80%/50% and B with 75%/55% ???

I''m doing searches for LGF% on pricescope but there''s a lot of information to sort through!

The 75% on the gia report is rounded, It could be between 72.5 and 77.49 it is around 77

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
strmrdr, how do you know it''s actually around 77%? is there a formula to calculate it from the other numbers? i hope it''s not any lower than 75% because from other posts too low seems like it might not be good.

i let my boyfriend decide and he picked the 1.69 one. now i''m a little worried.
40.gif

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Lorelei! The pictures from that thread are certainly helpful. The content too. :)

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
By the way, does anyone know how the optical brilliance analysis and optical symmetry analysis pictures compare for the 2 diamonds, or what I should look for in general?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 7:16:40 PM
strmrdr, how do you know it''s actually around 77%? is there a formula to calculate it from the other numbers? i hope it''s not any lower than 75% because from other posts too low seems like it might not be good.

i let my boyfriend decide and he picked the 1.69 one. now i''m a little worried.
40.gif
once you seen enough of the images you can get close by eye, there is no formula.
Honestly either one would be ok....

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

40.gif
No reason to be worried. Both are good diamonds.
1.gif
I personally prefer slightly fatter arrows and slightly higher crown angles, so I''d go with B, but you can''t go wrong.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 7:24:49 PM

40.gif
once you seen enough of the images you can get close by eye, there is no formula.
Honestly either one would be ok....
Ditto the above and these are both very fine diamonds, you won''t go wrong as Kim says!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results