shape
carat
color
clarity

which has better brilliance? Princess or Radiant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

maba

Rough_Rock
Please help... I''ve been going back and forth between a couple of diamonds that I have found.... If all things were equal, which diamond offers the greatest brilliance/fire? A princess cut or a radiant cut? Thanks in advance. Your insight will be very much appreciated.

maba

Rough_Rock
Can you tell me if this is a good ring for $5700? Also, are there any other measurements or items that I need to pay particular attention to before purchasing?

Shape: Princess
Carat weight: 1.01
Cut: Ideal
Color: D
Clarity: VS1
Certificate: GIA

Depth: 72.1%
Table: 71%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Girdle: Thick to very thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.61*5.44*3.92 (Length*Width*Depth)
Ratio: 1.03

If this is a good deal, then I am purchashing today. Thanks again for all your help.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to chime in on the princess vs. radiant debate. After searching for months for which diamond and setting I want, and going from an asscher cut to a princess cut to a radiant cut, I definitely think radiants are the most brilliant-if they are well cut. However, it seems like it is a lot harder to find a well cut radiant than it is to find a well cut princess.

I''m going with a radiant, but it definitely seems to be a challenge. But, if the one I''m about to check out looks good, it will only have taken about a week and a half total to get the diamond. Good luck either way...but I love radiants!

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
What I did was went out shopping. I looked at all different stones and bought what I fell in love with. I don''t know if this is possible for you (or if you''re buying online) but to me, nothing compares to picking a diamond out in person....

RADIANTMAN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Maba,

There is no "expert" answer to your question. Be wary of supposed experts who mistake their own bias (or commercial interest) for expertise.

Radiants and princesses, cut correctly, are both beautiful diamonds, though they reflect light quite differently. They are neither better nor worse than round diamonds - just different. Only you can tell which one you like better, and the only way to tell is to actually see, in person, a well cut radiant and princess.

Note the caveat - "well cut." Poorly cut radiants and princesses are dull, lifeless, and often small looking. Unfortunately, these are the rule not the exception. When you find one, however, knowing that you are wearing something truly different and extraordinary can make the hunt well worth it.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
You need to give more info for people to speculate on the diamond. Crown height. Pavillion depth. Crown and pavillion angles.

Another factor in the pricing of a preset ring is the setting itself. Metal?? Is it gold or plat. 14K, 18K?? Is the setting set with diamond melee??

Without physically seeing the ring, or getting more details, it''s really hard to speculate if you''ve been quoted a good price or not.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results