shape
carat
color
clarity

Which halo looks best with my cushion cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

futuremrsT

Rough_Rock

On another thread that I posted (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-setting-suggestion-for-1ct-cushion.112452/), PS members helped me decide on upgrading the band (plain) of my cushion shaped diamond to a halo. I've got it down to two differnent halos both from Know Jewlers, and would love to see which one most people like most. Not sure if the specs would affect your decision...1.02ct, E, VS2, Ideal . Thanks

#1 http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=201&rn=1561&action=show_detail (Channel Setting)

or

#2 http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=201&rn=1562&action=show_detail (Micro-Pave)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, there''s certain aspects I like about both, but overall, I would pick the Micro-Pave setting.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I like them both but the second is my favorite
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

MrsG

Shiny_Rock
I too like the second one more.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
They are both lovely. I prefer the 2nd one for aesthetics. But I think #1 might be a bit more ''daily wear'' friendly?

LS

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a sucker for milgrain so I''m sold on the first design.
28.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
I actually prefer the look of #1 from all 'views'. It has a much nicer looking profile than #2, IMO.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2009 10:45:21 AM
Author: MrsG
I too like the second one more.

I second (or is it third?) the second one...reallly lovely!

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I also see things in both rings that I like. For example, I like the shape of the first ring''s halo. I like the ''cushiony'' shape better than the clipped corners. If you had a radiant I might feel differently in that regard. But, I like the profile of the second ring better. I tend to prefer the lower profiles. So, I guess I''d pick ring #1 with modifications.
20.gif

Sorry, I''m obviously not helping.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
They are both really nice settings, but I prefer number 1. I can''t put my finger on why that is my favorite, but it just appeals to me (from all angles). I don''t think you can go wrong with either choice. Please come back and post after you have made your decision!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Setting #1, but they''re both quite pretty.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Both are beautiful settings, but I would pick the first one. I like that the sides of the actual halo have pave. Let us know what you choose!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I love the first one, looks really nice for the side as well
41.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2009 11:05:30 AM
Author: LostSapphire
They are both lovely. I prefer the 2nd one for aesthetics. But I think #1 might be a bit more ''daily wear'' friendly?

LS

I can''t decide for this reason.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 1:26:10 PM
Author: Addy
Date: 4/19/2009 11:05:30 AM
Author: LostSapphire
They are both lovely. I prefer the 2nd one for aesthetics. But I think #1 might be a bit more ''daily wear'' friendly? LS
I can''t decide for this reason.
Me neither.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
oh that''s tough! I think I like the first one because of the beautiful side view!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I like the look of both from the top but much prefer # 1 for its side views.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 2:52:22 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
What about this Tiffany Legacy inspired setting?

http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=213&rn=1665&action=show_detail

Hmm I like both of them but I''m worried your more rectangular cushion will look out of place on the very square ring #2. I like the look of the first one it just looks like its set VERY high. Which I think might bother me personally.

I agree with CharmyPoo actually, I love the ring she posted. However, I know you are on a budget and it is a tad more expensive... early christmas gift? Haha VERY early christmas gift.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the first one!

futuremrsT

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 11:31:46 AM
Author: EBree
I actually prefer the look of #1 from all ''views''. It has a much nicer looking profile than #2, IMO.
I am leaning towards #2 also...but the point you bring up is one of the reasons why I can''t decide.

futuremrsT

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 2:40:59 PM
I pick 2 but I think the round diamond in there is throwing me off.

Do they have anything closer to the Harry Winston setting?

I absolutely love that setting and the inspired version that Erica Grace has available. Too bad it is too big.

http://www.jewelsbyericagrace.com/get_inspired

http://www.jewelsbyericagrace.com/diamond_ringsengagement_rings
I''ve been looking around for a HW halo, but can''t find anything within my budget
39.gif
I''ve also considered the Tiffany Legacy, but a friend has an exact replica and I''m seeing it around quite a bit. I really think I''m leaning toward #2. This is all pending that I cancel my European vacation...hahaahha, but what girl wouldn''t give up a vacation for more diamonds? I can always save the Europe for the honeymoon...right right?? haha

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
My preference is for Number 1

futuremrsT

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 4:09:11 PM
Author: Callisto

Date: 4/19/2009 2:52:22 PM
What about this Tiffany Legacy inspired setting?

http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=213&rn=1665&action=show_detail

Hmm I like both of them but I'm worried your more rectangular cushion will look out of place on the very square ring #2. I like the look of the first one it just looks like its set VERY high. Which I think might bother me personally.
Hmmm, you bring up a good point... hmmm, you've got me thinking now...
32.gif
I just emailed Knox, so let's see what they say tomorrow.

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
personally I prefer the first one, but that might be because I have one extremely similar, I wear it every day and I love it and never have a problem with it. good luck!

futuremrsT

Rough_Rock
I''ve actually considered Excel. I''m not huge on the Endless Love look and the Legacy and the Vatche Grace are similar to what my friend has. I know I was siding with #2, but Callisto brought up a very good point that I my slightly rectangular stone may look out place in #2. Thanks Callisto! I emailed Brian Knox and he said that my cushion will fit right into #1, but #2 will have to be modified in order to fit. I really don''t want to spend more than 2k and I love both #1 and #2 just as much, so I''ll just go with #1.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions :)

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 6:41:15 AM
Author: Ellen
Hmmm, there''s certain aspects I like about both, but overall, I would pick the Micro-Pave setting.
Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results