shape
carat
color
clarity

Which gives better sparkle...Pear or Oval?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stbfyffe

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I am undecided...I really love pears but I am also favoring ovals...which would give me more sparkle and look bigger?

I am a size 6 finger.

Thanks

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think well cut pears and ovals would be very similar in appearance. I''d just choose based on which you think you''d be less likely to tire of over time. I think I''d personally love a pear pendant or right hand ring, but I''d probably choose the oval for an e-ring, between those two choices.

PaperStars

Rough_Rock
A well cut stone either way will sparkle beautifully.

have you ever considered having an oval stone set with pear side stones? Or the other way around?

If I were you, and undecided which shape I prefered, I would just go around to various jewelry stores and try on rings with the shapes I liked. This is one way to give you an idea of the shape and style ring you may want to go for eventually.

With me, I liked pears but ended up with a round. I plan to get a pear and set it into a pendant one of these days.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
In a well cut stone, both would be pretty sparkle. But I think a pear would face up bigger.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have heard an expert say that out of the 2 shapes, an oval will sparkle more.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
My experience is that oval sparkles more and tends to look big for the carat weight.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results