shape
carat
color
clarity

Which GIA course . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Which GIA course might be the easiest to start with: diamond essentials, colored stone essentials or jewelry essentials?

I have a young child so time and energy are limited and I wanted to start with the easiest one.

Thanks.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2009 6:21:18 AM
Author:sonomacounty
Which GIA course might be the easiest to start with: diamond essentials, colored stone essentials or jewelry essentials?

I have a young child so time and energy are limited and I wanted to start with the easiest one.

Thanks.
jewelry essentials is in my opinion is going to be easier then the others.But i would contact G.I.A and ask a representive their opinion as its been several years since i took course work.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Jewelerman - thanks so much. I was checking all day for any replies.

Will do, I''ll call them on my day off coming up.

For my recent birthday, my guy paid for a few GIA classes for me to take and got me a great pair of tweezers ! !

Lauren Q

Rough_Rock
Hello,

My son was young when I studied, so I know what you mean about time and energy. I would start with Jewelry Essentials followed by Diamond Essentials and lastly Colored Stone Essentials. Good Luck!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2009 5:28:07 PM
Author: sonomacounty
Oh, Jewelerman - thanks so much. I was checking all day for any replies.

Will do, I''ll call them on my day off coming up.

For my recent birthday, my guy paid for a few GIA classes for me to take and got me a great pair of tweezers ! !
happy birthday to you!Agreat gift!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lauren.

Thanks JM. And thanks for the Happy Birthday. Yes, isn''t that the greatest present ! !

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday Sonoma!!! what a great present! I looked into the courses a while back, but never committed it was going to be diamonds first, but sounds like you''ve got great advice

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks D & T, very much. Very sweet of you. :)

Did some more research and people do say to do it in the order that Lauren suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results