shape
carat
color
clarity

Which gemstone has the most fluo?

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So I have a new found love for glowing stones and I would love to have a stone that sparkles by day and glows (with UV) by night! I thought it would be fun to have such a stone that I could wear on my neck and glow at discos (jk, with 2 babies, those days are long gone!). Anyhow, is there a gemstone that always has strong fluorescence? Maybe fluorite? Where could I find such s gemstone? I am looking for something extremely affordable since I am currently working on a halo for my ering. :appl:

Dioptase

Shiny_Rock
Trade
You can try Burmese Hackmanite; Tugtupite might also work.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now what a cool question to ask! Nothing to add, other than great thread to start. Let's hope we hear from more vendors on this.

Dioptase: are those you mentioned mountable?

Dioptase

Shiny_Rock
Trade
minousbijoux|1362709038|3399608 said:
Dioptase: are those you mentioned mountable?

Pretty much everything is mountable if you're crazy enough to try :mrgreen: A friend of mine saw Japanese ladies with sphalerite rings for example.

Tugtupite's hardness is 4 and Hackmanite is 5.5, so they aren't the most super durable materials ever. But they aren't expensive and if it's for occasionnal use, why not?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hackmanite is usually cabbed, which also helps - no facet edges to abrade.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depending on where you are, you might find it difficult to find a jeweller who is skilled and brave enough to set such a soft stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results