shape
carat
color
clarity

Which finger for right-hand ring/stacking rings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
What finger would you suggest for stacking rings (for my right-hand)? Middle finger or ring finger? I am wanting to get a 2mm rose gold pink sapphire eternity band made and I''m just stuck about what finger to have sized? My ring finger is a size 3.5 and my middle is a size 4. What finger do you wear your right hand stacking rings?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ring finger

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve always used the ring finger but that doesn''t mean others have to do the same.
11.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I have them on my ring finger but I think the middle finger would look cool too!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
um... I always use my ring finger... my middle finger tends to see a lot of action when I drive, and I don''t like to make it pretty.
35.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/3/2009 11:53:28 AM
Author: tlh
um... I always use my ring finger... my middle finger tends to see a lot of action when I drive, and I don''t like to make it pretty.
35.gif

Heheheheh - TLH, I caught that out of the corner of my eye as I was hitting "respond" and just *had* to hit quote to see who said it. Why am I not surprised! You are a quotable poster.
41.gif

Metro, I''ve been buying for my ring finger, but I sort of wish I''d gone for the middle: one, because it looks nifty, and two, on the off-chance that my fingers expand with age, that way they''ll all still be wearable if I move them over by one!

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve always liked to wear a ring on my middle finger. It seems more showy there.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve also worn a pretty ring on my pointer, if it was larger than my middle finger(right hand of course). I think the middle finger or pointer seem more hip and young to me.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My middle finger curves toward the ring finger a lot on my right hand. Not a look I like and I don''t think that rings look good on it. Plus it''s a very long and wide finger so anything under about 4 mm is dwarfed on it. I do like middle finger rings on other people though.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Hiya Metro!
I wear mine on my middle finger, because rings are really uncomfortable on my right hand ring finger. They seem to sit right on my middle finger. I also like wearing rings on my forefinger--but middle feels the best.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I love the look of band style rings on my middle finger. I just bought two 4mm plain bands to wear on it, mostly one at a time but I do occasionally stack both. One is white gold and the other is rose. I pretty much got them because I can''t afford to buy diamond ones any time soon. If I could, I''d go for the middle finger. To me, rings with one or more significantly sized stones look best on the ring finger, eternity or stacking bands are great for the middle. I don''t wear anything on my pointer fingers, but I would if I didn''t have pudgy ones.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d do the ring finger just in case you ever want to stack it with your e-ring. BTW, I love the middle finger for large chunky cocktail rings.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
hi metro- i''d go with the ring finger. are you having the band made through an online vendor? i was also looking into getting a stacking ring in rose gold. would you stack your band with your ering too?

LGK

Ideal_Rock
tlh, you just about killed me laughing
11.gif
Too funny!

I would go for ring finger for stacking bands, and index or middle for a more ornate/larger ring. A thin band just seems more like a ring finger thing... not sure why!

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all for your opinions!

I have a dainty vintage wedding band (2mm) w/ 7-diamonds across the front that I wore on my middle finger all day yesterday. I like the look of the ring on my middle finger as it seems to balance out my wedding bing on on my left-hand.

Today, I''m wearing the vintage band on my ring finger to test out the look. So far it feels "odd", but that could be because of the tape I have wrapped around the band to keep it firmly on my ring. I''m going to wear the ring for the day and get a feel for how I like the look. Though I must say, I do like the idea of being able to wear my right-hand bands on with my ering ring
2.gif

UGHHHHH!! SO MANY CHOICES, IT''S HARD TO CHOOSE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results