shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Etsy seller to make a setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arunjajane has suggested that I have a setting made by one of the Etsy sellers. So, which would you recommend?

For this project I don''t want a rustic look - it has to be a well crafted, well made ring. I want white gold or platinum and also somebody who can interpret fairly complicated instructions.

Any ideas?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I suggest onegarnetgirl. Maddy had made lots of custom pieces and I trust her completely.
21.gif

Lori

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lori does she do anything other than bezel setting though? I wandered around her Etsy shop but couldn''t see anything like I''m after. She certainly does wonderful bezeling though.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hiya LD - I'm glad you are considering this route
5.gif

I could be wrong., but I'm not sure if you'll find etsy'ers that use plat simply due to cost/
difficulty of use..so I'm thinking gold it will need to be.

Def. have a look at esdesigns
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=35722
I think this gold set looks quite lovely..

But basically, I believe as far as value for money and skill level, you can't go past Sally at Heart of Water -
you can check out her website http://www.namchaijewels.com/main.html.
I know she doesn't do plat, just YG, WG and now RG.

there are many more, but its very later here, lol..I will come back tomorrow.
G'nite!

esdesigns twig.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freke - she has some lovely items but soooooooo expensive! I''ve bookmarked her though.

AJ - Sally looks like a possibility. Do we know if anybody has actually received anything from her? G''nite!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 2:56:54 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Freke - she has some lovely items but soooooooo expensive! I''ve bookmarked her though.

AJ - Sally looks like a possibility. Do we know if anybody has actually received anything from her? G''nite!
Hi again - if you search on lotus ring, there are a couple floating around PS.
I know Lori has bought a number of things, but no pics
7.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just placed an order with Sally, she seems very sweet and competent, and her prices seemed fair. She''s open to doing custom work too if you had a specific sketch in mind :)

My setting won''t be here for another 2-3 weeks, but there are a lot of threads here from others who bought her lotus rings.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup! I know.
7.gif
I hope one day...

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey LD,
so here are some more etsy''ers who work in precious metals..nb. I haven''t worked with any though (many of them were recommended by another PS''er)..

but honestly, from my experience I''d go with Sally any day, she is sooo passionate about what she does, very easy to talk to
and creative - a great match for PS''ers I think!

beyond the rock

macfarland designs - would def. give these guys a go

stamp

rea ashlie - mostly silver , but some gold

bowman originals - lovely stuff, but a bit exxy!

RDM design (not sure if does gold?)..

hope that helps hon, will post more if I think of them
1.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 9:16:21 PM
Author: arjunajane

Hi again - if you search on lotus ring, there are a couple floating around PS.
I know Lori has bought a number of things, but no pics
7.gif
Sally and her Team do incredible work and I can vouch for them...no pics on my finger yet. Here are my Lotus moonstone pieces in wg.

Lori

how.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Decision made! Thanks guys!

I emailed Sally last night and had the most loveliest email back. She''s willing to take on both of my custom projects and her prices are fairly reasonable. I''ll keep you updated.

Thanks so much for your input. x

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 4:10:03 PM
Decision made! Thanks guys!

I emailed Sally last night and had the most loveliest email back. She''s willing to take on both of my custom projects and her prices are fairly reasonable. I''ll keep you updated.

Thanks so much for your input. x
YAY LD! Can''t wait to see what you''re working on!!!

Lori

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 11:59:27 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Yup! I know.
7.gif
I hope one day...

That seller has SUCH pretty rings though. I really want one of her halo designs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results