shape
carat
color
clarity

Which eternity band style is better, and why?

nmg

Rough_Rock
Premium
For comfort, cleaning, and sparkle, is one of these styles better than the other? Thank you!!!!!!!!! 8B8D7EF7-906E-4085-95D3-70FA0F04E0D8.jpeg C4BE0040-F3A1-4064-B466-6CB77B9C096E.jpeg

Tayberry

Shiny_Rock
I love the airline style like number 2

Reactions: nmg

nmg

Rough_Rock
Premium
Be careful the diamonds do not extend past the edge as they are a chainsaw waiting to destroy every ring worn next door.

Oh! How do I check for that? And can you think of a different style that would avoid that?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear a knife edged spacer to protect the diamonds from chewing up the ring next to it.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

nmg

Rough_Rock
Premium
Are you set on one of those two only? What about a u-prong style eternity?

I’m fine with it aesthetically but not sure how secure the diamonds are. Can you explain to me what you like about this style? Seems like the diamonds wouldn’t be as secure.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I’m fine with it aesthetically but not sure how secure the diamonds are. Can you explain to me what you like about this style? Seems like the diamonds wouldn’t be as secure.

I guess it depends on your lifestyle and how rough you are with your jewelry. But I personally wouldn't go rock climbing or wash the dishes or any other rough activity in any eternity ring for fear of chipping the stones on the bottom/underneath my fingers.

I personally like the u-prong and trellis-styles because I find them elegant and airy looking. For me, comfort and enjoyment of the style far outweighs fears of a stone falling out (which is just not something I'm worried about at all. I have insurance, but even if I didn't the stones are tiny and not particularly expensive and I believe in getting my rings inspected every so often to avoid problems.)

nmg

Rough_Rock
Premium
I guess it depends on your lifestyle and how rough you are with your jewelry. But I personally wouldn't go rock climbing or wash the dishes or any other rough activity in any eternity ring for fear of chipping the stones on the bottom/underneath my fingers.

I personally like the u-prong and trellis-styles because I find them elegant and airy looking. For me, comfort and enjoyment of the style far outweighs fears of a stone falling out (which is just not something I'm worried about at all. I have insurance, but even if I didn't the stones are tiny and not particularly expensive and I believe in getting my rings inspected every so often to avoid problems.)

This is good food for thought. Thank you for sharing. The U-setting seems like it would sit a little lower than the “airline” one (option 2) - and seems like it would be more comfortable. I’m very careful with my jewelry but I do try and buy things that will last. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty destructive. Have seen damage that cost more then the band.

That’s true...I never knew that when I purchased the bands. I bought a spacer which keeps them separated. I would have preferred not to wear a spacer but I’ve seen what happened to my anniversary band. The jeweler set them touching each other. The diamonds chewed each other up. Every diamond got chipped before I noticed it. I still have three bands I need to wear with a spacer.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the Tiffany style, and theirs are low set which reduces the possibility of damage to the other ring. If you have access to Tiffany, I would definitely go try theirs on and see exactly what their settings look like so you know what to ask for. I personally would never consider soldering my band with my ring because sometimes I don't want to wear the engagement ring and wear the band alone. Many people use a plain spacer band in between when the band diamonds are too high and can hit the prongs or gallery of the engagement ring. Here are some close up photos:

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results