shape
carat
color
clarity

Which eternity band looks better?

Rough_Rock
Hi! I’m trying to pick a wedding band to go with my 2.25 carat solitaire.

The first is a 2 carat eternity band with a single shared prong. The second is a 3 carat eternity band with 2 shared prongs between each stone.

Which band looks better with my engagement ring? I want something that’s substantial enough to wear on its own.

893BE8A6-3C3E-4AA8-A3AC-A1233265361B.jpeg
2carat ^

F6743E8E-1D05-4CC3-B48E-F63C427CDEC7.jpeg
3 carat ^

Last edited:

Rough_Rock
The height (off the finger) of both rings is too tall... try to find one that has a height closer to that of your solitaire.

I’m afraid it won’t be blingy enough if the stones are smaller and therefore less tall. :confused2: Is there any solution? I can’t change the setting of the solitaire.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Visually, I like the balance of the two best.

KiloSierra

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the 2ct!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the 2ct

winetime12

Shiny_Rock
another vote for 2ct!

dmack

Shiny_Rock
I don’t think you can go wrong. They’re both beautiful as is your solitaire (those prongs!). Is one more comfortable than the other?

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Team 2 ct. They’re both lovely but the 3 ct looks a little big with the solitaire. 3 ct would look amazing on its own.

HGar

Shiny_Rock
2ct looks more complimentary IMO.

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
2ct if you want to wear the band with your engagement ring.

Deidre

Rough_Rock
Two carat, but I'd like to see it paired with a one carat or even 1.25 carats. I feel bands are to complement and not compete with the solitaire, and I just think the 2 or 3 carat overpowers the overall look with the solitaire, but that's just me.

uyalison

Shiny_Rock
Premium
IMHO between the two, 2 ct is a better choice than the 3ct if you need to meet both criteria with just one ring.

Maybe try adding a plain band in between if you want to go with the 3 ct, so it does to over power your solitaire as much by giving some distance between the two.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
The 2ct band gets my vote, as it is more complimentary to the solitaire than the 3ct band.
The 3ct band seems to compete with the solitaire.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both bands seem to distract the eye from your gorgeous big diamond. My vote would be for a plain band to sit beside the ER (or a very thin diamond band), then spend the money on a blingy 5 or 7 stone ring to wear separately.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My rule of thumb for eternity band is to match the total carat weight of the band to the carats of the center stone.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the 2 carat as it is more balanced height and width wise with your ER. I would prefer most an engraved or simple band (matched in width and height to your ER) with your stunning ER but that is a personal preference and you should wear whatever band with your ER that you love. It comes down to personal preference and aesthetic. No right or wrong.

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
2 ct! Just like the others!

Rough_Rock
IMHO between the two, 2 ct is a better choice than the 3ct if you need to meet both criteria with just one ring.

Maybe try adding a plain band in between if you want to go with the 3 ct, so it does to over power your solitaire as much by giving some distance between the two.

I really like this idea. I have a yellow gold band that I could wear between the two.

I like the idea of getting the three carat because I doubt I’ll wear the eternity band and E-ring together all the time. Only when I’m going out to dinner or when I feel like blinging my e-ring up a little.

I also like the idea of having the 3 carat to wear instead of the E-ring when I want to switch things up.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the 3 ct

I really like this idea. I have a yellow gold band that I could wear between the two.

I like the idea of getting the three carat because I doubt I’ll wear the eternity band and E-ring together all the time. Only when I’m going out to dinner or when I feel like blinging my e-ring up a little.

I also like the idea of having the 3 carat to wear instead of the E-ring when I want to switch things up.

I like this idea of yours, because I think the pop of YG will add interest to your stack. I prefer the 3ct since I think both the 2 and the 3 will benefit from a spacer band anyway, and the 3 will have more presence on is own.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m afraid it won’t be blingy enough if the stones are smaller and therefore less tall. :confused2: Is there any solution? I can’t change the setting of the solitaire.

Then I'd go with the smaller one... any larger would take away from your diamond.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say the 2 ct.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for the 2 carat. It compliments the solitaire much better without overwhelming or detracting.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about two smaller-stone pave bands side by side for blingy days?

This setting style of the 2ctw - with single shared prong - isn’t suitable for daily wear.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love the look with the 2 carat ring. But if you will do as you say here, I would pick the 3 carat as it will be gorgeous when worn on its own.

Something to consider is to opt for a half (or 3/4) eternity as you might whack the stones easily if you wear it as a daily ring.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the two prongs between each stone instead of a single prong. If you plan to mostly wear it by itself, I’d go for the 3 carat. And I’d wear a spacer between the eternity and e-ring no matter which size you go with.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results