shape
carat
color
clarity

Which engagement ring do you prefer?

Which engagement ring style do you prefer?

• Yellow diamond

Votes: 37 71.2%
  • Sapphire

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters

Sapphire127

Rough_Rock
I know the majority is yellow diamond, but I tried it on today and it just didn’t speak to my soul. We went with the sapphire, my boyfriend liked the sapphire way better as well! We will just get those prongs checked often! Thanks for everyone’s input!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Any pics?

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
God a hate colored stone solitaires :lol:

not that I’m sure you wouldn’t do an amazing job on it. I just hate them.
Sapphire all the way!

Hehe I had to laugh because I almost exclusively prefer coloured stones as solitaires. To each their own! :razz:

Obviously I picked the yellow solitaire. I love how it's matched with the yellow gold. It's gorgeously minimalist, but "different" because of the colour. The sapphire is beautiful, but is very reminiscent of the Princess Diana/Kate ring, which may be a good or bad thing depending on what you like and the feeling you want to evoke.

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
I know the majority is yellow diamond, but I tried it on today and it just didn’t speak to my soul. We went with the sapphire, my boyfriend liked the sapphire way better as well! We will just get those prongs checked often! Thanks for everyone’s input!

Oh! Congrats on making a choice! That was a beautiful design. Have you got pics?! :)

Sapphire127

Rough_Rock
I’m doing custom. I chose the bottom sapphire and here’s the cad we’re going with. The band is 2mm C5091DE6-5332-4C46-99F4-674C8DE56722.jpeg B930183D-0D7B-4D08-9B70-EB633C90A48D.jpeg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm all about the stone itself, so I'd postpone setting considerations until after I'd chosen my stone.

Yellow diamond vs. blue sapphire?
Tough one: I love both, but only excellent examples of each since both choices can be stunning or disappointing.

For colored gems my 4C priority is up side down, compared to the preference of many, probably most.

1. Color
2. Cut - light performance
3. Clarity
4. Weight

A colored gem has to be the best color to make my heart sing, and to make me reach for Mr. VISA.

deorwine

Shiny_Rock
Hehe I had to laugh because I almost exclusively prefer coloured stones as solitaires. To each their own! :razz:

Obviously I picked the yellow solitaire. I love how it's matched with the yellow gold. It's gorgeously minimalist, but "different" because of the colour. The sapphire is beautiful, but is very reminiscent of the Princess Diana/Kate ring, which may be a good or bad thing depending on what you like and the feeling you want to evoke.

Oh good, I was thinking I might be the only one! Almost all my rings are solitaires :)

But I love sapphires, and I love halos on other people, so congrats OP!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results