shape
carat
color
clarity

Which emerald to choose? And paging rfisher

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
These are unmentionables but CS gets more traffic. I’ve been looking for an emerald to put in a plain YG bezel setting. I had originally ordered the large one but was going to return bc it was really big and also didn’t look as silky or glowy but I’m learning that unmentionable emeralds seem to lack that look…in pics I think they look better than irl so hard for a PSer to judge!! Imagine a grassy green and more sparkle as opposed to a muted silky look that picture shows. So I got another in octagonal but it’s skinnier than I thought it would be. Octagonal is 10x6.8 and the square is 10x11. I really wish I had gotten an 8x10 but seller is now out of those. I may just wait until I find something but wanted to get PS input. Will the octagonal look thicker w bezel for instance? Will square be too big once bezeled? Was also going to request help from @Rfisher to use her amazing photoshop skillz so I can see the two looks - pretty please!!!

C5766D64-70BF-4100-A7E8-5EEC8DF18E61.jpeg

A069707C-26E5-4812-BFB2-A18A4FC6353B.jpeg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd say it depends on the bench. I've seen thick bezels and barely there bezels. The octagonal shape really draws my eye in.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can certainly help with some mock-ups later on.
For perspective - can you repeat your photos above, but also include wearing your tourmaline ring and your emerald ring?

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
did someone say bezel:mrgreen2:
DSCN1905.JPG

Mreader this is from the bezel post in SMTB but DandT had her asscher bezeled by DK and
Even with the double line it isn’t too big. She wears a size 5 if I recall.

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
@Mreader you really got bitten by the emerald bug which I totally understand because I’m similarly afflicted.
I gotta say I like the octagonal a lot and think it will look stellar once set.
That said, nothing wrong with bigger…which there is no such thing anyway ;-)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@Mreader you really got bitten by the emerald bug which I totally understand because I’m similarly afflicted.
I gotta say I like the octagonal a lot and think it will look stellar once set.
That said, nothing wrong with bigger…which there is no such thing anyway ;-)

Yes I am TOTALLY bitten lol. I already have an idea for a petite emerald that I have (6mm); but I'm still chasing this bigger solitaire look which led to the others :lol:.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I like the bigger stone…

I had a laugh at the term “unmentionables” :lol:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I like the bigger stone…

I had a laugh at the term “unmentionables” :lol:

Haha that’s what I’ve seen others refer it too but yes it’s funny!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1EEABFD7-304A-4283-9AD9-333C57620A32.jpeg
same bezel used as previous post.

as for it appearing too elongated, I wonder if widening the bezel on the two long sides and tapering them into the short sides, makes it appear less so?
EE99A398-67F4-4615-AA6E-ABC63BAC7163.jpeg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@Rfisher thank you! It’s such a blessing having you on PS! It’s such a big help! I would definitely go thicker if I did the octagonal stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results