shape
carat
color
clarity

Which dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all!

I went dress shopping today and am having a tough time choosing between 2 dresses. Unfortunately, the bridal shop I went to wouldn''t allow picture (Sigh...), so I need some help. I know it''s ultimately my choice, but some opinions (other than my Mom who cried every time I put a dress on...), would be nice.

This dress below is a Mikaella Bridal dress:

MikaellaBridalDress_front_back.jpg

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
This dress is from San Patrick from the front:

SanPatrickPersia_front (Small).jpg

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
The San Patrick dress from the back... PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks!

SanPatrickPersia_Back (Small).jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Diva, I think I like #2 more (surpirsing, because I love clean dresses). However, with the shape of these dresses I think pictures of you in the dresses would be needed. Since you''re the only one that has seen you in them, it''s pretty much up to what you felt the best in.

Gorgeous dresses though!
1.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I like the second one, the ruffles are gorgeous! It''s much more dramatic than the first and more unique, so I guess it comes down to what kind of look you''re going for.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I like #1 better. I love the shape of #2, but thats too much ruffle for MY taste. Both will be beautiful, I''m sure!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Diva,

I narrowed my dress search down to 2, and they both resemble yours, especially the 2nd one. It was a La Sposa, not San Patrick, but they are they same company, so they are VERY similar.

What it came down to was my feeling in the dress. I LOVED the 2nd one, but all of my friends/family told me that I looked more like a bride in the first one. I ended up erasing the pictures of the 2nd one, or I would show you. I chose the 1st one because it was elegant and more "bride-like".

I agree that you would have to post pictures of you in it. I will say that the first picture is throwing me off bc that model is a lot bustier than most models in bridal dresses. They are both very pretty, but you have to think of what image you want when you walk down the aisle. The second dress is more of a flirty, party dress, while the first is more elegant in my opinion.

Good luck!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Also, forgot to add that you must consider alterations. If budget is a factor in your decision, the 2nd dress is WAY more in alterations costs (with all the layers).

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, i really like both...but i am going to pick #1 because i ABSOLUTELY LOVE mikaella and paloma blanca dresses! i think they fit fabulously and they are so sophistocated looking. I would love to see them on you though!

ice-queen

Shiny_Rock
I think the 1st one is beautiful- elegant and classic, yet still sexy. Love the little flower detail. The 2nd one, in my opinion, is a just a bit "much" -- it looks a little costume-y...like something a flamenco dancer would wear.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer #1, its timeless and elegant

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry they wouldn''t let you take photos. That is such a dumb rule. I have a hard time believing that a significant number of brides are mailing their photos away to china to have a replica made. It is just mean if you ask me. ANYhoo... I like #1 because of its clean lines and super shapely ness. I like #2 for the dramatic ruffle layers. PLUS I so love the veil on dress#2 which is really what pushes it over the edge for me. Do you think you''ll use a similar veil?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like 2. It''s so interesting and different!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think they are both lovely, but meresal is right - this style of dress is tricky, and we''d really have to see them on you to make an informed call between them.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
It comes down to personal preference. I really don''t like ruffles and lace; I prefer clean, simple styles. So it''s #1 hands-down to me.

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
they are SO different!!!! Because of that I would suggest still looking. I think you could find something that blends what you like about each. To me, 1 is kind of plain and classic, which I love and I think might look better in pictures 20 years down the road. BUt I am also very fashion forward and love cutting edge stuff, so #2 is really appealing on that front and its so unique that you don''t risk looking like any other bride.

That is why I say to keep looking....both are amazing and have their own pluses and minuses... if you don''t want to keep looking I say go with the one that you dream about....which one can you not stop thinking about as you start to fall asleep...also consider which is more flattering to you body and to your venue and overall wedding "theme"

Good luck, I''m sure whatever you pick will be gorgeous!

pan_manda

Rough_Rock
They are both gorgeous dresses! Personally I prefer #1 but that is just that, my personal prefereance... ruffles just aren''t me.

I am going to go with lala and say that if it is definitely between these two, see which one you dream about, that made my decision for me!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I love both choices but they are so different. What look are you trying to achieve or what is the style of your wedding? In additon to actually seeing you in both of these dresses, I think knowing about what you are going for would help me make a final decision.

I really like #1 because it is elegant, simple and beautiful.
I love #2 because of the ruffles and it is just so dramatic. If you have a big personality and can work a dress like that ... that may be the one. It will be magnificent! This being said, if you are worried about looking back at your pictures and not seeing a timeless gown - this may not be the right one. #1 may be the perfect choice.

Whatever you decide - both dresses are gorgeous. I don''t think that you can go wrong!

A big
20.gif
to bridal salons who won''t let you take pics! Sorry.

islandgirl16

Rough_Rock
I like # 2!!! Like most replies you got, I also am not a fan of the ruffles and all. However, # 2 just stands out and looks so beautiful.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I definitely think this can''t be called from the model pics. I feel like the Mikaella will be easier to accessorize and I like the general look of it much better. But, to be honest, I HATE the veil on the San Patrick dress, and I am letting that influence my decision. When I see the pic from the back, sans veil, I really like it. From the front, I can''t stop looking at veil-strocity.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies!

Thank you all for your helpful responses! After a sleepless night, I decided to go back to the bridal shop and try on the dress again. And a special thanks to my Mom who snuck a camera in to get some pictures! We did the best we could. Here is the San Patrick dress aka "Ruffles".

DSCN0835 (Small).jpg

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a second picture of the San Patrick dress... Now for the bad news... I am unable to find the Mikaella 1304 dress anywhere in the NYC area! I called all the authorized retailers in NYC, Long Island, Westchester, and parts of New Jersey and no one has it for me to try on. So I''ve moved on and tried on some other dresses. Will post those shortly. Thanks!

DSCN0836 (Small).jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 gets my vote...very classy! #2 seems over the top but for a "Diva" that is also a good choice. If you go
with #2 please dont use that veil. I hate it
14.gif
. A simpler veil would show off the dress (and you!)
better.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a picture of a gown by Watters:

DSCN0837 (Small).jpg

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
A gown by Mikaella. It''s style 1367, but the flower fell off.

DSCN0839 (Small).jpg

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Last, but not least... Another Mikaella dress. I believe it''s style 1351.

DSCN0842 (Small).jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Of the four you just posted pictures of, I vote San Patrick (aka "Ruffles"). You look stunning in it, and if it fits your venue/the "feel" of your wedding, that's the way I'd go for sure.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I have sooo changed my mind now that I have seen pictures - go with the ruffles (#2)!!!
It looks georgeous on you. You have the perfect figure for it!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/17/2009 7:03:45 PM
Author: tyty333
OK, I have sooo changed my mind now that I have seen pictures - go with the ruffles (#2)!!!
It looks georgeous on you. You have the perfect figure for it!
Oh crap - me too! love the ruffle dress on you. I really think seeing it without the veil helped me visually - i love it! I also like the last mikaella dress (1531?) followed by the vneck with the missing flower. The watters dress i did not like nearly as much, althought its really hard to tell when some look like they fit you perfectly and others look too big
33.gif

your figure looks great in pretty much all of them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results