shape
carat
color
clarity

which dress to wear at an evening wedding (and shoes??)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
hello everyone! I bought two dresses from macys, and cannot decide which one to wear. to give you an idea, i am shaped like an out of shape pear... or say an hour glass with a wide middle
9.gif

anywhos, i cannot decide which dress to wear for the wedding, or even which type of shoes, and nylons (I''m Washington state pale).
So, any advice is appreciated!!

here is the first dress.
Jones New York - Overstock
I love the Marilyn style because it helps "tighten" the waist and flows over my hips nicely. Plus with spanks on, it looks better for my hips/thighs. the only problem is that is maybe a hair to big, and so the girls really stand out. a lot.

i am thinking regular pumps to wear with it and nude nylons/spanks?

L11569093.jpg

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
and here is the second dress. I could not find the actual dress, so its a mix between the two.
Calvin - Macys
But in this color

hopefully this worked (the pictures)

so this dress, more classic lines, and helps keep the girls in place, but doesn''t squish them either.
again... shoes, nylons? I havent sat down in this dress yet, so of course that will be the big tester.

Opinions?

btw the wedding is an evening ceremony and reception, indoor church and country club.

494342_fpx.tif.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is one more bra friendly than the other, if you need a bra?

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I believe the 1st dress is more figure friendly but ultimately it is what you feel more comfortable in.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
thanks! the general consensus at work was the second one, as the first one made me look heavier. Of course the first one is bit more reveling, so dear boyfriend liked that one more
31.gif

The second one is definitely more bra friendly. it even has strap holders
26.gif

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
Bra friendly is always important and I love the dress you picked! Silver shoes will match well, but I''d stay away from any type of nylon or tights. Go get yourself a nice bronzer at the market, they work great these days!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I like them both, but favor the second style--I wear it a lot. It is flattering "up top"! Sheerest stockings imaginable--just enuf to see a "sheen". Keep the focus on the dress and not legs--so sheer is best. Most shoes will do--mules, d''orsay, pump (open or closed toe), sling--except for wedges.

cheers--Sharon

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone!
I did decide to go with the second dress. And E now has an outfit that correlates with mine, so i am a happy camper.
I tried it on with my shoes and spanks last night....
and looked like i was in a 3rd grade dance recital (you know, when your rights get all bunched up at your ankles because of the ballet slippers?).
The spanks even made the dress to big (okay, that was a good thing, but i dont have the confidance to go down another size), but the color made me look paler. which is pretty hard to do. So today i am going to attempt to find just a body spank set with no nylons or if they have anything sheerer.
Oh, and i''ll have to get new shoes. i bought a cute pair of dkync shoes, but they just look aweful with the dress.

Any suggestions? what do you think about these shoes with it?

51J-JaoAo6L._AA260_.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

To the shoes, may I say, no thank you?
17.gif

cheers--Sharon

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
oh absolutely! thats why i asked :) my mother likes them, but im more so on the "eh" side with the dress. otherwards they are very fun shoes for me to wear out and about.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is for a strappy silver or gold shoe and no nylons! If you want the suck-in of the spanx, just get the ones that go down to mid-thigh.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2009 8:47:50 PM
Author: NovemberBride
My vote is for a strappy silver or gold shoe and no nylons! If you want the suck-in of the spanx, just get the ones that go down to mid-thigh.
Ditto!

I''m glad you decided to go with the second dress. It''s by far my favorite.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps a shoe that coordinates more with your rings? Its not often that one gets a chance to wear something sparkly or delicate in shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results