shape
carat
color
clarity

Which dress do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
#1 for sure! It''s stunning!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
#1, hands down.

#2 shows cleavage, but because that top bit material is so narrow, it makes your bust looks small (which might be the look you're going for).

I can't believe they made you wear gloves. I would be very offended.

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I just confirmed with three female friends, and we are pretty much unanimous that while #1 is pretty, #2 is more flattering.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
#2 looks stunning on you!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
#1 by far. #2 looks very lovely on you, but #2 just screams WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
After looking at the pictures again today, I have to say that #1 is pretty but #2 just suits your figure so well. Its classy and sexy all at the same time. It does look like it was tailored for you! It may not match the garden theme as well as #1 but its just so fabulous!

Date: 12/15/2009 8:08:37 AM
Author: noelwr
I can''t believe they made you wear gloves. I would be very offended.

Not sure if this is the case here, but some stores will sell samples off the rack and don''t do the ordering thing. In these cases, they will ask the brides to put on a mask (to protect the gowns from make up stains while going over the head) and gloves. While it does seem a little demeaning at first it does protect the store''s assets because what bride would want to pay full price for a gown that has smudges on it?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#2 hands down!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
#2... so stunning and classy. I don''t think it''s too much for a garden wedding, either.

#1 is pretty, so really you can''t go wrong...
9.gif

It''s the best sort of predicament to be in!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
#1, #1, #1!!!!!

ilikesparkles

Rough_Rock
Hi girls! Thanks so much for all of the replies. I have yet to take any action, as I still have no idea which one I prefer. I love #1 for the pretty lace and kind of vintage look. I have to admit though that I did get a slight feeling (as another poster put it) like that dress was wearing me, as opposed to me wearing the dress...I feel like the second dress helped give me some curves, but I''m not sure that I like how low the V goes.

The store had me wear gloves because they only sell their dresses off the rack. Some of their gowns are pre-owned. I think the glove thing is a little tacky too, but oh well ! :)

I think I still want to see some jcrew dresses in person before making a final decision...I just don''t feel SURE yet.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2009 8:52:00 PM
Author: ilikesparkles
Hi girls! Thanks so much for all of the replies. I have yet to take any action, as I still have no idea which one I prefer. I love #1 for the pretty lace and kind of vintage look. I have to admit though that I did get a slight feeling (as another poster put it) like that dress was wearing me, as opposed to me wearing the dress...I feel like the second dress helped give me some curves, but I'm not sure that I like how low the V goes.

What about something that has what you like from BOTH of the two styles? Maybe something like the Alvina Valenta AV9002 (photo below)- it combines the fit of the second with the lace of the first.

av9002.jpg

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 9:03:20 PM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
#2... so stunning and classy. I don''t think it''s too much for a garden wedding, either.

#1 is pretty, so really you can''t go wrong...
9.gif

It''s the best sort of predicament to be in!
The token male on here agrees 100% with this.

Treefrog

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#2!!!

Number 1 is pretty but ...hum...sort of the same old thing if you ask me.
Number 2 fits you perfect and has that va-va-voom feel.

So, I guess it depends what feel you are going for (that both look good on you).

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i love the 2nd one on you...the first is pretty, but typical

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
both are beautiful but #2 just does something extra for you. it''s totally flattering and i can definitely see it in a garden wedding! that''s my vote.

ilikesparkles

Rough_Rock
Oh, this dress is so pretty! Thanks for the suggestion. I think I would really like something like this.

So... I found a dress yesterday at a new store that I think I like more than either of these two. This store would not allow me to take pictures. Nor did they require gloves. All I could find was the picture at this link:

http://www.brides.com/fashion/dresses/gallery/wedding_dresses/vendor/designer/palomablanca/detail/169270?offset=3

I do not care for this picture. It is weird because the bottom of the dress is really not nearly as fitted as it appears in this picture. The material also looks thicker in this picture. The dress was just discontinued so it would be 50% off. It is a size 10 and I would have to have some pretty major alterations done to make it like a street size 0. I think I am going to try one more store, and then it is decision making time. I think it might end up being this one though.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think the first one is nicer for a garden wedding - the lace makes it very romantic, which I think would be lovely with the setting
9.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
They are both lovely and you have a wonderful figure! Personally the first dress made me go "wow" -- I prefer that one. I think it IS appropriate for a garden wedding, as it is very romantic and flowy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results